Oct 2017 Cut Score?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you still waiting? :(
Yep! It couldn't be any worse than last time (one by one posting, and then made us wait through the weekend before officially releasing results). Fingers crossed they'll release results tomorrow. I hope I can get a few minutes of sleep tonight. I'm utterly useless until I know, good or bad. 

Yep! It couldn't be any worse than last time (one by one posting, and then made us wait through the weekend before officially releasing results). Fingers crossed they'll release results tomorrow. I hope I can get a few minutes of sleep tonight. I'm utterly useless until I know, good or bad. 
Ughhhh that's awful. I really hope they release all the results tomorrow. I'm so sorry.

Failed Environmental 68%. Please do not say that the cut  score is 70%. :(

On my first try I got 48/80, second try it was 52/80 and I passed this time around. My projection was that I might get between 58 - 62 and hence I was little relaxed. In my opinion 60/80 is safe score given that there are may unknowns involved in determining pass/fail.

One should not prepare for the exam keeping score in mind.

I failed environmental too. What is your discipline? I'm in remediation, so air/water/wastewater killed me yet again.
Sorry for such a delayed answer - I literally had to cut myself off from this website for a month because i was so devastated by the results. Still recovering emotionally but signed up to take it again in April!!

I'm all environmental. Wastewater fucking destroyed me.. I got ALL of the air problems right except two, and did above average in water quality and H&S. 0/3 on environmental assessment  which probably didn't help ... but how are you supposed to study for/know those questions if you don't do that **** every day?! 

I have faith in us. We're going to pass next time. This is the biggest speed bump I've hit in several years and it was completely unanticipated but I'm going to just really drill thousands of practice problems before April!

Sorry for such a delayed answer - I literally had to cut myself off from this website for a month because i was so devastated by the results. Still recovering emotionally but signed up to take it again in April!!

I'm all environmental. Wastewater fucking destroyed me.. I got ALL of the air problems right except two, and did above average in water quality and H&S. 0/3 on environmental assessment  which probably didn't help ... but how are you supposed to study for/know those questions if you don't do that **** every day?! 

I have faith in us. We're going to pass next time. This is the biggest speed bump I've hit in several years and it was completely unanticipated but I'm going to just really drill thousands of practice problems before April!
No worries!  I completely understand.  It still bums me out here and there, but I'm determined to get it next time.

If you got all the air questions right, I'm guessing that is your discipline?  That has always been one of my worst topics.  I NEVER do anything related to air with my job, so it's been a real struggle relearning these concepts. I was very excited about the environmental assessment questions since that's the kind of stuff I do day to day, haha.  Too bad there were only 3 of them on there.  But I hear you - the concept questions can be killer.  

Wastewater was one of my other weaker topics. I've heard really good things about EET's WRE depth so I'm thinking about taking that for the next exam cycle.  

You've got this!  I'll be sitting out the exam in April and taking it in October, but I'll be rooting for you!

No worries!  I completely understand.  It still bums me out here and there, but I'm determined to get it next time.

If you got all the air questions right, I'm guessing that is your discipline?  That has always been one of my worst topics.  I NEVER do anything related to air with my job, so it's been a real struggle relearning these concepts. I was very excited about the environmental assessment questions since that's the kind of stuff I do day to day, haha.  Too bad there were only 3 of them on there.  But I hear you - the concept questions can be killer.  

Wastewater was one of my other weaker topics. I've heard really good things about EET's WRE depth so I'm thinking about taking that for the next exam cycle.  

You've got this!  I'll be sitting out the exam in April and taking it in October, but I'll be rooting for you!
I did environmental compliance for four years and did a whole mix of things, but yeah it was a lot of air compliance. I haven't done wastewater design since college so revisiting all of that was super painful and I'm not looking forward to seeing it again. 

I bought Lindenberg's book of PE Environmental practice problems to supplement his reference book, and also bought the LaGrega book that I learned is apparently everyone's bible during this exam... super cool that I just learned about it after I took my exam <_<

Do you have the Air Pollution Control book?? That helped me tremendously on the air problems on the exam. Two of the exam problems were actually worked out problems in the book so I literally just plugged in the numbers from the exam question into the formulas they had in the book. It was amazing! 

I did environmental compliance for four years and did a whole mix of things, but yeah it was a lot of air compliance. I haven't done wastewater design since college so revisiting all of that was super painful and I'm not looking forward to seeing it again. 

I bought Lindenberg's book of PE Environmental practice problems to supplement his reference book, and also bought the LaGrega book that I learned is apparently everyone's bible during this exam... super cool that I just learned about it after I took my exam <_<

Do you have the Air Pollution Control book?? That helped me tremendously on the air problems on the exam. Two of the exam problems were actually worked out problems in the book so I literally just plugged in the numbers from the exam question into the formulas they had in the book. It was amazing! 
I have the Air book by Cooper and Alley. It's an old edition but I found the PE supplemental problems on the internet.  I am trying to remember if I caught that two of the problems were basically from there.  Probably not :p   Lol I learned about the LaGrega book after my first exam cycle too. I just bought a text last month...Handbook of Environmental Engineering Calculations.  Seems like a good resource!  

Are you going to stay active on this thread for the April exam? I'm getting married a week before the April exam so skipping out on that exam cycle, lol.  But I'll be studying here and there.  Would be great to get a virtual study group going. 

Are you going to stay active on this thread for the April exam? I'm getting married a week before the April exam so skipping out on that exam cycle, lol.  But I'll be studying here and there.  Would be great to get a virtual study group going. 
Yes for sure!!! I hope to have positive results from the April exam and will be able to share any advice that I have. 

Congratulations on getting married, you must be so excited!!! :)

Back