Non-Responsive Reference

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denverite

Reaction score
I took the test in a decoupled state and I am now working on my application. For the life of me, I can't get one of my past supervisors to respond/review my experience. I've e-mailed them several times to no avail.

I'm getting close to the point of if this individual doesn't respond in the next week or two, I am going to talk to the owner of the firm (they also have a PE, total company size <25 people) and see if they would be willing to verify my experience.

Has anyone else had any issues along these lines and any advice for getting this back on track?

Thanks!

It might be useful to ask if you departed on good terms? I know other people on this board had has this issue.

Getting someone else at the company who can verify your experience could work. It helps (or may be required depending on the state) that they be in your management chain or otherwise in a position to have seen you do work.

If all else fails, there are workaround depending on which state you are applying with. Some states allow you to submit examples of your work as a means of demonstrating experience.

This may be silly, but you say you've emailed them several times. Have you tried calling them?

Back