NFL FOOTBALL 2013

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are you guys talking about? Is there a football game on?

2upebyme.jpg

I'm gonna have to steal that one for FB.. I've got way to many pats ans whining.....

Last edited by a moderator:
WTF...now they want to get rid of the extra point. Saw an article this morning... TD would be automatic 7 pts (no kick required) unless you wanted to go for 2 then if you missed you drop to 6, get 8 if you convert like normal.

WTF...now they want to get rid of the extra point. Saw an article this morning... TD would be automatic 7 pts (no kick required) unless you wanted to go for 2 then if you missed you drop to 6, get 8 if you convert like normal.
I like the idea.

I've seen other proposals that would move the "extra point" back to the 35 (a 53yd kick attempt), or you could go for 2 from the 2.

If they want to make the extra point more difficult then why don't they just back the spot of the kick up a little?

I saw this chart on the frequency of made kicks in football since 1932, it's pretty interesting and illustrates that PAT's have virtually become automatic although I'm curious to know what happened in the mid-70's that caused a pretty remarkable drop in accuracy for PAT's.

ku-xlarge.png

I like the idea.
They've already almost eliminated the need for the kickoff since they moved the spot up last year as a safety issue. Virtually all kickoffs are touchbacks these days. How long before they eliminate field goals too? I mean it's pretty much just a matter of time before they remove the foot from football. :p

I like the idea.
They've already almost eliminated the need for the kickoff since they moved the spot up last year as a safety issue. Virtually all kickoffs are touchbacks these days. How long before they eliminate field goals too? I mean it's pretty much just a matter of time before they remove the foot from football. :p
It's surprising how few kickoffs are touchbacks actually. Unless you have a beast of a kicker who puts it beyond the endzone (like Prater in Denver), I'm still seeing a good chunk of kick-offs returned.

If they want to make the extra point more difficult then why don't they just back the spot of the kick up a little?

I saw this chart on the frequency of made kicks in football since 1932, it's pretty interesting and illustrates that PAT's have virtually become automatic although I'm curious to know what happened in the mid-70's that caused a pretty remarkable drop in accuracy for PAT's.

ku-xlarge.png
The article I saw on the PAT elimination said that there were only 5 missed PAT's this year (out of over 1200 attempts). Of those 5, 4 were blocked.

the one thing Iiked about the XFL was their "no extra point rule" , and the funny names on the jerseys... Hehateme... lol

if it is almost a given then lie others said...move it back a ways so you still give the other team a chance to block it. the kicers now adays are crazy good...almost near mid field and making field goals...

In other news, the NFL is considering becoming the world's biggest flag football league.

I'm all for tweaking stuff, but not fundamentally changing the game.

Also, they'd still have the TV timeout after the touchdown.

Back