NFL FOOTBALL 2013

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some more analysis:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/113915/inside-slant-fgs-almost-automatic-too

I don't think the elimination of PAT's contribute to the "pussification" of the NFL. If anything, many people go get food after the touchdown and don't come back until the other offense takes the field.

Football procession: Touchdown ---> commercial break ---> boring PAT ---> commercial break ---> kickoff (touchback ---> commercial break. It's **** near 10 minutes from the time the touchdown is done to when the other team takes the field, and a complete waste of time. In the land of instant gratification and the demand for constant stimulation, I'm surprised this hasn't been proposed sooner...

Football procession: Touchdown ---> commercial break ---> boring PAT ---> commercial break ---> kickoff (touchback ---> commercial break.
The NFL wants that extra commercial break. It's not about the flow of the game it's all about making $$$$. :D

I say give 'em 1 point for PAT from the 10, 2 pts if successful from the 20, 3 if successful from the 30...out to 5 if successful from the 50 :p

^ now that football season is over, this video was quite funny.

so this thread is missing all the hub ub about the game being played in the 'cold' this year..espn radio said ticket prices (on ebay and the like) are down from $2500 to $1500 (still is way out of my price range)....

I wonder if this will be the last SB played outdoors above the mason / dixon line?

the last I heard, and living in the area of the game, the forecast is for above freezing temps (mid to upper 30's) and rain. The rain part sucks. I would prefer snow if we had to have any kind of precipitation.

^ QFT. If they want to change something, figure out what to do during that week instead of messing around with the extra point.

well you know these millionaires cant afford to go to Hawaii on their own!

[SIZE=medium]I used to work in a Ruby Tuesdays right off the interstate (Valdosta, GA) near the Florida line, we would occasionally get musicians or other celebs coming through town (Willie Nelson came in one time, it was cool I made him nachos) and they would always comp their meal. I was always (even at age 20) WTF? cant he afford his meal?[/SIZE]

I got this email and had to laugh.. apparantly at our Colorado school district its a violation of the school dress code to wear an NFJ jersey..

Campus Messenger by Infinite Campus

In celebration of the Broncos Super Bowl appearance this weekend, we have received approval for professional sports attire for this Friday, January 31st for both Super Bowl teams.
In addition, I have obtained a waiver for Monday, February 3rd should the Broncos win the Super Bowl. If the Broncos are not victorious, the regular dress code will be in effect for Monday.

We ask that any face painting or hair coloring be kept to a reasonable amount that doesn't disrupt the learning environment and allows students to be easily identified.

(Ex. A Broncos temporary tattoo or small writing on a cheek is acceptable. We would ask that students don't come in full face paint.)

This means students can wear their choice of the following teams:

Denver Broncos
Seattle Seahawks

We look forward to seeing the team spirit around the school on Friday (and possibly Monday)!

1538774_387573698054122_701906884_n.jpg

Back