NEW YORK - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received results from NY today, but live in Harrisburg, PA. Passed STRI. I Now have STRI and STRII. I'm outta here! On to Illinois to get my SE license. :???:

Just got it. It's a P for pass!!! Now I can go on vacation. I'll check in again on Wednesday. Good luck to all still waiting!

(NY/Civil/Structural/April 06/1st time)

I did it! I freaking passed!!! YeeHAW!!!!!!!!!!!! To those of you that didn't make it this time - I know how it feels. Just keep chuggin.

Civil/Trans/3rd try/PASS!!!

I have been checking the website to see if our names are up there.

I knew that the next number to be issued should be 083905 - and it was on 7/12 - to someone who took the test in April ( I happen to know him) then, if you keep putting in the consecutive numbers it goes all over the place.

I want to know:

1. Why did they start with L to post the #s

2. Why have they mysteriously stopped posting the names.

I just really want to see my name of there so it feels more real.

My name has not been added either and my last name starts with B. I also know that I have met all the requirements for licensure. I need my certificate and number for my promotion/raise!

Hey New Yorkers...

Does your EIT certification number become your PE number?

I got my EIT there and it seemed like that was the case based on people that got their PE shortly before or after my EIT.

In Vermont, it's two separate numbers. :ppi:

No, thats not how it works. They just start at the next available numbers and start entering them in - obviously in whatever order they want.

My EIT is in PA anyways so that would be no good for me!

My name has not been added either and my last name starts with B. I also know that I have met all the requirements for licensure. I need my certificate and number for my promotion/raise!
did you get your number yet? I keep checking but mine has not yet been added on the website. I aslo tried my SS# on the automated phone system this AM, nothing there yet either.

No, I called NYSED on Friday afternoon and they said my number should be issued by the end of this week, and I should receive my certificate 5-7 business days after that. Hopefully I will get to put PE after my name some time before I retire. At least my minuscule raise is retroactive to July 1st.

Last edited:
my name is up there AND i just got my certificate and registration. UNREAL! Gotta go buy one of those diploma frames at Target and hang that up...

I am so proud!

Anyone else in NY who still hasn't been added to the website? Looks like NYSED has zigzagged its way through the entire alphabet, and new postings have ground to a halt in the last 3 or so days.

What the %$^@ is going on??

5 weeks and counting and still no license. Two weeks ago they said "Should be up there by next Friday." Last week they said "Should be up by the end of the week." They have only posted like 10 or so new numbers in the past week-plus.

Anyone have some information about when we might expect to be able to call ourselves PEs???

Sorry to post again but I just need to vent.

So I called NYSED on Tuesday (8/8) and they told me that my license was "sitting on her desk and should be issued tomorrow, but at the very least will definitely be issued by Thursday." Well of course Thursday comes and goes and, wouldn't ya know, no license. Also, a coworker of mine had called them on Tuesday to inquire about her own license and she was told that it would be issued NEXT Friday.

So today NYSED manages to post like 10 new numbers or so. Obviously my name doesn't show up, yet my coworker's name is one of the lucky few.

Who is this lovely lady at NYSED who knows how to give out such detailed and correct information? It's not even worth calling them again since whatever they tell you seems to be made up on the spot.

Once again, I am just writing this as a means of venting because the week is over and I will have to wait AT LEAST 3 more days before I receive anything from them and well, I'm just annoyed.

6 weeks and counting... :brick:

Back