NEW YORK - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then she started crying about how much work they have to do. She was almost offended I called so early, just after NCEES gave them the results last week.

This is ridiculous that it would take this long especially after other states have been verified and released results in the same week NCEES released them!

Did anyone else notice under the "Results" heading of the NCEES New York Exams page that they took out the part where it said results would be released in 8-10 weeks?

I was just told by NY Dept of Ed rep and Castle rep (two separate calls) not to expect them for 3 weeks. Dept of Ed rep blamed Castle and Castle rep blamed NYS.... wonderful.

:eek:ldman:

Just called NYS ED board, she said to expect it sometime this week; BTW she was very nice and polite.

3 weeks? Are u friggin kidding me???????

I am going to call them everyday until we get the results..............In fact, we should call the members of the board as well. Here's the link (don't want to post any names since that seems to be a no-no even though they are listed on the website):

http://www.op.nysed.gov/boards/bdcomp.htm#eng

Just a side note: It seems that it is frowned upon when some of us are a little aggressive in acheiving results. We're told that we should act professional. I feel as long as we keep our tone professional, we should be allowed to be a "squeaky wheel". Acting like doormats is why we're in one of the lowest paid "professional" jobs out there. We're not even close to doctors, lawyers, hell even police in the northeast US.

Good luck everyone and let it be known we are not satisfied with the level of service we are getting for our $250.

3 weeks? Are u friggin kidding me???????

I am going to call them everyday until we get the results..............In fact, we should call the members of the board as well. Here's the link (don't want to post any names since that seems to be a no-no even though they are listed on the website):

http://www.op.nysed.gov/boards/bdcomp.htm#eng

Just a side note: It seems that it is frowned upon when some of us are a little aggressive in acheiving results. We're told that we should act professional. I feel as long as we keep our tone professional, we should be allowed to be a "squeaky wheel". Acting like doormats is why we're in one of the lowest paid "professional" jobs out there. We're not even close to doctors, lawyers, hell even police in the northeast US.

Good luck everyone and let it be known we are not satisfied with the level of service we are getting for our $250.
Whoever dares to tell me to act "professional" in the manner in which I am pursuing my exam results (e.g. occassionally calling in for status updates) needs to take a good look at a reputable dictionary and try to comprehend the meaning of the word. In that, they would realize "unprofessional" acts are those such as we waiting for these results have been subjected to throughout this entire process. For example:

1. Representatives who respond with either incorrect or ambiguous information in a rude/curt manner.

2. Representatives and management being (intentionally) obtuse to the fact that their are many other states who share the same process for examinee result notification and have gotten their results validated with the sense of urgency it deserves.

3. Representatives and management ignoring the fact that because of the huge time allotment needed to prepare the result can drastically change ones life plans for the next few months and that every day these results are held delay an examinee who failed from cracking the books again (it's completely unreasonable to expect anyone to begin studying before results of the last exam are in).

4. Failure of all involved to provide simple status updates (via any website) and reasoning as to why results are delayed. Instead there is a uniform insistance on quoting a 12 week window that

they are still within meeting rather then considering fact #2: we, rightly, want to know precisely why others have their results so quickly we don't at this point.

Freaking NY Sucks............
OK here's a transcript of what just occurred when I called Albany at ext 140 (which earlier posts indicated the lady was nice)

Miserable Lady (referred to as ML): with a sigh, "How can I help you?"

Me: "Good Afternoon, I was wondering if you could tell me what day the results for Professinal Engineer's Exam will be released?"

ML: "Some time this week"

Me: "Does the board still have to validate the exams?"

ML: "Sir, the exam results will be released by the end of the week!"

Me: "Thanks, but that's not what I asked"

ML: " I don't know"

Me: "Well, you're the one who works there, right?"

ML: "You could email the board, would you like the email address" (Tone is changing for the better now)

Me: "Yes Please" (even though I have it already, I just want to irritate people now)

I say thank you for your time and hang up.

So sometime this week means anytime between M-F but they cannot give a specific day.

:smileyballs:

Now that we know we still have to wait at least couple of days, we can get together like circle jerks (below) and talk about new governor.

:smileyballs: :smileyballs: :smileyballs: :smileyballs: :smileyballs: :smileyballs: :smileyballs: :smileyballs: :smileyballs:

He had a very impressing speech, talking about trust and serving the NY people, cleaning Albany, freeze taxes, partnership with the legislators & jobs. Also he did start very serious by holing staff meeting @ 8:30 AM on his first day in Albany. Sounds good so far and hope he could make a better change for NYS after all these scandals’ and government corruption we saw last year.

This time I think our sluggish board will even manage to beat California as long as releasing the results are concerned. :deadhorse: :whipping:

Last edited by a moderator:
He had a very impressing speech, talking about trust and serving the NY people, cleaning Albany, freeze taxes, partnership with the legislators & jobs. Also he did start very serious by holing staff meeting @ 8:30 AM on his first day in Albany. Sounds good so far and hope he could make a better change for NYS after all these scandals’ and government corruption we saw last year.
Don't let him fool you......Next week we'll learn that he's a crack addict that dresses in women's lingerie..... :dancingnaughty:

Don't let him fool you......Next week we'll learn that he's a crack addict that dresses in women's lingerie..... :dancingnaughty:
:tv: :Locolaugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back