NEW YORK - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spoke with NYSED yesterday and lady on the other end was very helpful. She explained there is no way we are getting our results this year. It's gonna be either 1st or 2nd week of January.
So basically what they're telling us is that the alleged "streamlined process" actually will take longer because last year we received results on Jan 5th- and that includes snail mail time. What a bunch of D-bags. I need an emoticon flashing a middle finger.

Hey, by validating the results, is NYS Board going to give out more "P"s than NCEES? Just trying to figure out why some states validate and others do not.
Joe: I hope they give out more "P"s than NCEES. At least they revisit the scores of people like me who took the exam 4 times and clear if on the border. lol.............
I am with you......I am also a 4-peater! Good luck!

I spoke with NYSED yesterday and lady on the other end was very helpful. She explained there is no way we are getting our results this year. It's gonna be either 1st or 2nd week of January.
I wish they would get their stories to coincide. I would not have gotten my hopes up if it werent' for that first call in where a representative told me results should be in the week before Christmas. I'm angry, but I realize not because the result will be given in January, but because everyone said something different and half of the people are curt and confident in what they are saying as an absolute that you speak to.

They should realize that they are playing around with people's careers and can be holding up life decisions (significant tradeoffs are required in order to dedicate the substantial time needed to prepare for this exam). In addition, the later we know the less time there is to prepare for the next exam if we've failed.

I'm extremely bitter right now.

I think thats true, since NY & CA (for example) have many PE applicants compare to other states, so the state's board in these states has to validate the results as per there needs and state reqiurements, this could mean to have more "P", or adjust the passing curve, or anything else ... anyway .. lets enjoy our holiday , wish the best to whose who already pass , and good luck to everybody.

I wish they would get their stories to coincide. I would not have gotten my hopes up if it werent' for that first call in where a representative told me results should be in the week before Christmas. I'm angry, but I realize not because the result will be given in January, but because everyone said something different and half of the people are curt and confident in what they are saying as an absolute that you speak to.

They should realize that they are playing around with people's careers and can be holding up life decisions (significant tradeoffs are required in order to dedicate the substantial time needed to prepare for this exam). In addition, the later we know the less time there is to prepare for the next exam if we've failed.

I'm extremely bitter right now.
There's nothing worse than a liar or someone who doesn't know what they're talking about! Based on the attitudes these "state-es" gave to fellow PE pursuers, and based on the errant information given to others, I'd say we're dealing with both types. As professionals, we deserve better!

This is bulls*it!!! Not that we havent waited enough but now NY wants us to wait another week when other states have already found out their results!!

NYS posted 1 new license today!! Look out! They're on a roll................................................ :smileyballs:

NY sucks. This state will have 40 Billion in debt in the next few years. This State has just loss 2 House seats because of the mass exodus of people who are just fed up with the taxes. If I pass next week, I will strongly consider paying off the rest of my student loans and few more debts and get the hell out of here.

It is Dec 31 and all comments are for April 2010, I am waiting for Oct 2010 results, is anyone have an idea when NY state will announce the result and how we will know (mail or email)

It is Dec 31 and all comments are for April 2010, I am waiting for Oct 2010 results, is anyone have an idea when NY state will announce the result and how we will know (mail or email)
Results will be released via your NCEES account once the NY Board verifies the results in the first week of the new year. Expect to be notified by email by Wednesday or Thursday of next week. Good luck.

I contacted the NY State Board a couple times today and got conflicting answers (no surprise there). The one lady I spoke to, who by the way was a real bitch, said that the board hadn't received the results yet (even though the NCEES website said they were released) and that the board would find out after we got an email from NCEES.
I then contacted NCEES and they said that the results were out for all the states and it was up to the state boards to validate. After this I contacted the NY Board again to let them know the results were sent to the state boards. A nicer lady said that we could expect them next week. She said that the board still needs to validate them. She couldn't give me a timeline as to how long this would take. But she also said that even though they expect the process to be quicker, they were still receiving the results in the same manner that they were for past exams. Since this is the first time NY has used the new process it seems like they are still working things out on how to make it quicker.

I suggest if anyone contacts the state board they ask for *****. If she isn't available ask to speak to a supervisor. Depending on who answers your call they can be a real pain in the ass.
Look, I know you are just trying to be helpful to your fellow testees, but you shouldn't be posting people's names on an open internet forum like this. If people want to know who you spoke to, they can PM you.

Also, and maybe it's just a New York thing, I know I would certainly never call anyone at my state licensing board a "bitch" in a public message that identifies me by name. Sure everyone is supposed to be a professional, but everybody is human, too. Notification letters can get dropped on the floor, los tunder old newspapers...

Also, the P in PE is supposed to stand for "professional"...

Happy New Years to my fellow New York PE test takers. On the bright side of our state being behind the curve in getting results out the door... we don't have to have our new years eve party spoiled if we are on the wrong side of the cut score.

I won't expect to see anything until Wednesday.

:party-smiley-048:

It's not NCEES's delay at this point...
The NY board has to "validate" the results, which in all likelihood means somebody with appropriate authority has to login to the NCEES website, pretend to review the statistics, nod approvingly, and then click an "Approve" button.

Why the person quoted above answering the phone at the NY Board has to act like everything is a state secret and can't give us a date for when this hugely complicated process will happen is anybody's guess...

If this is the case, that means we will receive the results the second week of January. Because, if NCEES released the FE result on 12/22 as they declared on their website and as we all know nobody received any FE exam results in NY yet, it means it takes more than 2 weeks for the results get validate by NY Board!!

In that case, they probably need to waste even more time (and tax dollars) by having an [SIZE=12pt]Official Board Meeting[/SIZE] (cue important-sounding sound effect) to authorize said button-clicker to click the button. I assume they'd be pretending to carefully review the statistics for the FE/PE/PS results all at the same meeting.

Of course this is all just a guess.
I've worked for NYS and several upstate cities as both an employee and a consultant. Here's my take on the whole "Validation" process. Right now in Albany they have a list of names and grades for both the FE and PE. It's up to some appointed Official to review and decide what a passing grade is for both exams. I'm sure that this Official is not an engineer and has never taken the exam himself. On top of that, this Official is probably not even sure if he has a job come Tuesday (I believe that Fri and Mon are CSEA holiday's). So, given that we have a new Governor, I'm sure this Official was told to sit on these list until his new boss comes in today and either gives him his walking papers or new marching orders. Either way a political hack loyal to the new Governor will be looking at our names and grades to decide what a passing grade is.

So I believe the "Validation" process will consist of reviewing the names to see who "needs" to pass based on this seasons political contributions and lowering the "passing" grade in order to reach those people on the list. A lot of new jobs are going to open up for the right people, and I'm sure the new Governor could use a bunch of newly minted PE to fill those spots.

I just hope they don't fart around and release the fucking results by Wednesday. That's right, I just swore!

Is today the day?
Been asking myself that question daily for the last 3 weeks and the only answer I wind up with at the end of each day is:

#@%%$*!
I just got off the phone with New York State Office of Professions and they told me if we don't get results within 3 weeks to give them a call back. She didn't even know anything.

Back