Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al7amdlellah

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Nice forum. I already have my PE from MN and I am looking to apply for SE exam as well as looking for states that gives PE by comity. Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Welcome to EB. I don't know much about comity. Hopefully someone will be able to help.

PE by comity varies from state to state because there may be difeerences in the PE requirements between them. There are no hard and fast rules for comity. You should compare the requirements for your MN PE to states that you are considering submitting applications to and see if you will qualify. The next step would be to contact the board and confirm that you have satisfied there fundamental requirements (education, expereince, and exams). Then you need to complete the application and the ultimate acceptance lies with the state board.

If you are contemplating application to a number of states, I would highly recommend getting an "NCEES record" which is an NCEES held/maintained file of your education, expereince, and exam records. An NCEES record simplifies the aplication process to many states because the state can get most of your information from a "trusted source" the NCEES. Also, as time passes more states are actually requiring an NCEES record to aply for PE by comity. (I know MA already does). Information about it is hereNCEES records program

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
24.gif

JR

Back