New CE guy

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi I'm Kioti1, Long time reader, first time poster.

I'm a Civil Engineer and will be taking the Civil Exam with the Transpo afternoon in April in WA. I've been out of school for 6 years. I'm in the military and haven't ever done any design, just construction type stuff (can't afford to wait for the construction module to come out), but need my PE to advance. I've got a lot to relearn since I haven't used any of my engineering in a long time.

Congrats to all that passed this last time around, no easy feat.

:wel welcome Kioti1, we hope that you make good use of the board! And thank you for your service to our country : USA :

I took the CE transpo last april with mostly construction experience and I passed. My suggestion would be to study alot. :blink: Work was slow for me and I gave up skiing mostly, so I gave a fair amount of time to prep so I could go in confident. Good luck!

Thanks Cement.

I've already started going through the CERM. Kind of intimidating realizing how much I forgot. Oh well. I think if I just study seriously I'll be just fine.

I spent a month reading water resources and thought I would never get through. But then I found my brain was tuned up and moved on to other sections and did some problem solving and got in the groove. you can do it!

Back