NEC Level of Difficulty

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtucker

Reaction score
I was curious about the level of detail I can expect in regard to NEC problems/questions. I have the NEC handbook and have used it on a limited basis in past job assignments. I have run across NEC questions in the past, that are somewhat complex and require a very intimate knowledge of the code. How much of this type stuff is on the PE.

I was curious about the level of detail I can expect in regard to NEC problems/questions. I have the NEC handbook and have used it on a limited basis in past job assignments. I have run across NEC questions in the past, that are somewhat complex and require a very intimate knowledge of the code. How much of this type stuff is on the PE.
Pretty basic and straight forward. There are some examples on the electrical forum. Try to find them, if not shoot me a PM and I will forward them to you.

Yes I agree. For the most part it seems the NEC questions are mostly about being able to find the appropriate section of the code that applies to your problem. Given the NEC index and enough time, these questions aren't too bad. I found the NEC Handbook was helpful for this because the commentary sometimes points you to relevant sections that may not be mentioned in the index.

I agree that the NEC handbook has been VERY helpful. The added illustration, commentary, and examples really helped me to understand alot of the information.

bump

Somebody sent me an e-mail about the NEC problems. I am in a rush since this is not my computer and deleted the e-mail by mistake. My apologies to the person, I am not like that. Sorry about not replying personally but look at the previous post. There are the problems. If you have any problems please e-mail me again. I will be careful next time.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Back