NCEES Sample Exam- Civil Structural depth vs Structural I

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

structuraleit

Reaction score
I just finished my 5th reviewed of the NCEES sample exam for the Civil and the sample exam for the Structural I. Oddly, I felt that the Structural I sample practice was not as difficult as the Civil depth sample. I would imagine the difficulty level between the two would indicate Structural I exams are tougher than the Civil specific depth. This was the case for my preparation. It seems as though the Structural I was geared toward the design aspects while the Civil- Structural depth was geared toward analysis. I was wondering is there anyone out there preparing the same way (practicing with both NCEES structural I and NCEES civil- structural depth) and felt the same way about these two materials?

BTW, I'm preparing for this week's Civil PE- Structural depth.

I would agree there was more analysis geared questions on the Civil-Structural PE (i only remember a few design questions). I never studied the Structural I study material though so I can't comment on what's on it.

Back