NCEES Registration Starts Today

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ramnares P.E.

Reaction score
Just a reminder to fellow board members that the NCEES registration opens today.

I sent in my application to the Kansas Board of Technical Professions last week. How long does it take to hear back on whether or not I have been approved?

I'm not worried about being approved, but I don't think I can register unitl I receive approval. Anyone know how long that process takes?

I had my application into Ohio on May 5th (they started accepting applications on May 1). Between my transcripts and FE verification (coming from another state), my application was considered "complete" on May 29. I was told that we would not know if we were approved until late June. Sounds like Kansas is the same way?

I'm sitting on pins and needles because some of my experience was obtained under the direct supervision of an EIT, but I worked with 8 or so registered PE's, one to two on a daily basis (which I noted on my application). I've read some of the Ohio Board's meeting minutes and they seem to be pretty tough in terms of what qualifies as applicable experience. We'll see...

I had my application into Ohio on May 5th (they started accepting applications on May 1). Between my transcripts and FE verification (coming from another state), my application was considered "complete" on May 29. I was told that we would not know if we were approved until late June. Sounds like Kansas is the same way?

I'm sitting on pins and needles because some of my experience was obtained under the direct supervision of an EIT, but I worked with 8 or so registered PE's, one to two on a daily basis (which I noted on my application). I've read some of the Ohio Board's meeting minutes and they seem to be pretty tough in terms of what qualifies as applicable experience. We'll see...

luckily everyone in my office is a PE.

i was pretty late getting my application in, so it may be a while before i hear back.

thanks for the reminder ramnares. i put my application in the mailbox on saturday and my verification pages are in the hands of my verifiers. now for a summer of studying. nothing says fun like gorgeous weather and indoor studying!

Mailed my application to NYS on March 21. I had to request my FE verification from VT and send two sets of transcripts. I got my approval letter around mid May (have to check exact date).

We're right here with you Porter_ on the summer of studying. Here's to hoping for a one shot deal!

Mailed my application to NYS on March 21. I had to request my FE verification from VT and send two sets of transcripts. I got my approval letter around mid May (have to check exact date).

We're right here with you Porter_ on the summer of studying. Here's to hoping for a one shot deal!
To keep from having issues, I requested my FE be transferred from Louisiana to Texas, then turned around and applied to the Texas board for the PE.

Back