NCEES Records Program

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in the process of getting my record.

About two weeks ago my name has disappeared from the website where you can check how the process is going (I guess they got my last reference). Anybody know what now? DO I get a certificate or something? I haven't heard anything from them yet.

Thanks

^^^ I FINALLY got around to getting my last reference in so my application is in REV instead of PEND. My understanding is that it takes about two weeks for the 'final' review. During that time your name will still be presented as REV but once that review period is over AND they have deemed the application complete you can't look it up any more. You should be receiving materials from NCEES soon on the complete package! :)

That is my understanding from others who have completed the process.

JR

Thanks. My name has dissapeared and I can't look it up anymore, it went from final review to dissapearing. I guess that is a good sign.

Hope the package arrives soon as I need to get registered in another state.

They should have a "Look up Engineer" link on their website like most State boards have.

Has anyone heard when the records program link on the NCEES board will be up and running again? I finally get all my info together to submit my form for the records program and it is being upgraded.

Geez, I don't know. But I hope it's soon, because my one-year anniversary is coming up fast, and I want the discount.

Geez, I don't know. But I hope it's soon, because my one-year anniversary is coming up fast, and I want the discount.
I was able to sign-up today but not confirm my registration. I called NCEES this morning and was told they were upgrading the records system so the system may be up and down then back up today.

^^^ Actually, I can see where they have already made changes to the record review page.

As for my record ........ :waitwall:

nceesrecord-49hqp8s4m.png

JR

^^^ Actually, I can see where they have already made changes to the record review page.
As for my record ........ :waitwall:

nceesrecord-49hqp8s4m.png

JR

Yeah, I got through that part of it. But then after you submit your info (it is your name, address, phone, etc), they send you an email to confirm your registration. When I click on my link to confirm the registration, it tells me the page is no longer available. Sigh.

This is much easier than the old system. It is set up so that if you don't finish it in one sitting, you can come back to it. And it is very user friendly as well.

^^^ Did you get any feedback yet?

I spoke with a pleasant lady from the NCEES Records Program Dept that told me that my number was going to be issued soon - they have had a backlog between that time of the year + upgrading the system.

JR

^^^ Did you get any feedback yet?
I spoke with a pleasant lady from the NCEES Records Program Dept that told me that my number was going to be issued soon - they have had a backlog between that time of the year + upgrading the system.

JR

No feedback yet. It says my application is still being processed. Do you know the turn-around time between processing it and sending out my package to be able to get my references, school stuff, etc.?

It says my application is still being processed. Do you know the turn-around time between processing it and sending out my package to be able to get my references, school stuff, etc.?
I remember it taking a few weeks to get to me once NCEES received my application. You might try giving them a call to make sure everything was received 'o.k.' so you aren't adding any unnecessary wait times for the application info.

JR

I received my NCEES Record # today per thier website! :multiplespotting: :multiplespotting:

JR

One more thought about this--- you have to pay the NCEES record fee, the yearly account maintenance fee, and then the comity application fee for whatever state you are applying to?

How often is everyone needing to get comity that makes this worthwhile? It seems like most of the time getting comity is a very rare occassion.

Congrats JR!!! :bananalama:

SSmith, it really depends on the situation that you're in. You are right though, it does cost $$$ to do this. But.... if your work is footing the bill, then why not?

I decided not to do it because work isn't footing the bills and I'll likely never use my PE in another state.

You are right though, it does cost $$$ to do this. But.... if your work is footing the bill, then why not?
My Six Sigma Black Belt is rearing its head with the first part of that, but that aside, it seems that it takes MUCH more time to go through the NCEES record process and maintain it every year than it does to just swallow the pill and work it out on the rare occasion when you need comity.

^^ One person's rare occasion is another person's monthly requirement. Everyone has a different situation.

OK... for those that passed the exam from April 2007, you're just about out of time to get the discounted price ($100). I kept putting it off, especially because I didn't have addresses for a supervisor from each place I worked. But I finally buckled down and got all my work references. So now I'm waiting to get the first NCEES review...

If anyone wants to do this before their one-year anniversary, I'd suggest you just fill out the online application with place holders and get to the payment. I'd think you can go back after initial review and fix whatever's missing.

The one thing I couldn't find an answer to... what happens if I stop paying the yearly maintenance fee (say for five or ten years) and then want to "reactivate". Is there a one-time fee for reactivating the record?

The one thing I couldn't find an answer to... what happens if I stop paying the yearly maintenance fee (say for five or ten years) and then want to "reactivate". Is there a one-time fee for reactivating the record?
Annual Renewal Fee: $25

Once we receive and process your renewal, we will send you an updated wallet card.

Reinstating and reactivating an inactive Record is $25 per year of inactivity, not to exceed $125

Back