NCEES education evaluation

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bottomsup89

Reaction score
Hi all,

I went to an ABET accredited college for engineering. I left school due to $$ and don’t actually have a degree. However, I do have four years of education and enough course and credits (I have about 168 credits) which appear to meet NCEEE requirements. Do you think I can have my education evaluated and get approved even though never actually finished? I plan on finished but right now it’s not possible…

@Bottomsup89 This would be a question for NCEES and your State board. Even if NCEES let you sit for an exam, that don't mean any state board will grant you a license. You still would need to meet state requirements. For example, North Carolina requires a bachelor's degree (minimum) in engineering, not just enough credits from an ABET institution to total the amount need for a degree.

Again, even if you take and pass the PE exam, most states require four years of experience post-degree. Why not save the money you would spend on study prep, exam fees, and possibly travel and lodging and put it towards finishing your degree?

Hi all,

I went to an ABET accredited college for engineering. I left school due to $$ and don’t actually have a degree. However, I do have four years of education and enough course and credits (I have about 168 credits) which appear to meet NCEEE requirements. Do you think I can have my education evaluated and get approved even though never actually finished? I plan on finished but right now it’s not possible…
If you have that many credits, I'm gonna guess that you're a millimeter away from getting the degree. How many more classes would you need to take to graduate?

Back