My Positive NY PE experience using NCEES Transfer

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freei

PE
Reaction score
I transferred my PE to NY PE using NCEES. The process was slow, but smooth. I was not asked for the experience form 4A.

I think that I need to share my positive experience with others. NCEES do help you in the PE transfer process even in the most stringent stage-NY state. 

The key is that you have to describe your experience fully and carefully in your NCEES record. I wrote one page for each job. I even included the equations.

Did you receive your NY PE? How long? I applied the NY PE with NCEES records and was asked to provide Form 4A 2 months after submitting application. I am still waiting for my NY PE comity and it's more than 6 months and haven't received that. NYS........really?

How do you go about it this way? I will be looking to transfer to NYS soon as well.

I didn't receive it yet. But it has been approved, and in the process of generating the numbers. It takes 3 months for me. The keys are:

1. Provide very detailed experience in your NCEES experience form

2. Keep an eye by calling or emailing them every 2 to 3 weeks. 

Good luck, everyone!. 

I didn't receive it yet. But it has been approved, and in the process of generating the numbers. It takes 3 months for me. The keys are:

1. Provide very detailed experience in your NCEES experience form

2. Keep an eye by calling or emailing them every 2 to 3 weeks. 

Good luck, everyone!. 
How do you find out you were approved? I couldn't find any where to check my status. Thanks.

I am finally registered today on April 20th. So exactly Three months!

I am always checking the status using email, you can call as well. They answer the calls and reply emails quickly.

I am finally registered today on April 20th. So exactly Three months!

I am always checking the status using email, you can call as well. They answer the calls and reply emails quickly.
Thanks. I finally got my status after sending an email to the PE board. Mine was approved on 4/6 and is waiting for the documents to be sent out. It took me more than 6 months with NCEES records. Wow........

I will be using this process once NCEES launches their updated records system June 20th. Supposedly it will be faster than in the past, hopefully this is the case.

Latest posts

Back