Missing References

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbar

Reaction score
I am nearly done compiling my references for the depth module of geotechnical, but there are a few items I have yet to find a good reference on (as an aside, in my opinion the CERM geotechnical section is better used to start the barbeque). Here is what I need help finding (straight from the NCEES specifications):

I. Subsurface Exploration and Sampling

C. General rock characterization (e.g. RQD, description, joints and fractures)

II. Engineering Properties of Soils and Materials

A. Index Properties

B. Phase relationships (What exact topics to A. and B. refer to? None of my texts use this terminology)

D. Geosynthetics

G. Frost susceptibility

V. Earth Structures

B. Slabs-on-grade

C. Earth Dams

IX. Worker health, safety, and environment

2. Safety Management

Any tips you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I used the Das book for both of these- I think index properties means properties of different soil types (permeability, phi value, etc) and phase relationship DEFINITELY refers to the air/liquid/gas equations when you use weight and volume relationships to calculate the missing value. I can get you a scan of those if you don't know what I mean. For earth dams find some info on flow nets. Safety management maybe OSHA standards on trenches? Geosynthetics- check out a landfill book- they probably just want the permeability concept behind it.

Back