Minimum Green Time - Pedestrians

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

rayray91

Hey, Everyone - I need some help with this problem. I can't seem to find the equations to solve this problem in the 2000 HCM. :reading: This is from the NCEES Sample questions which reference the 1997 HCM. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Problem: For the signalized interesection show in the figure below, located in a flat suburban area with pedestrian demands that approach average flow rates, compute the minimum green time for North-South pedestrian intervals (Gp). The yellow clearance plus all red interval is 5.0 seconds. Assume average walking speeds. There are no separate pedestrian signals at the interesection.

The minimum green time for North-South pedestrian intervals, Gp (seconds), is most nearly:

a. 22

b. 27

c. 29

d. 32

I'm attaching the pdf of the intersection.

:please: Thanks.

Thanks for the link - it was helpful. What I'm getting out of that thread is that you can't solve the problem with the information given any other way than by that equation - which is no longer in the HCM.

Back