Mid Life Crisis

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you planning to mark it by buying something expensive and fast in an attempt to relive your younger days? If so, I think I may have had my midlife crises at the ripe old age of 32. Who knows though, I may swap it for a 'Vette in a few years.

Great thread! Haven't had one yet, but I'm seriously considering it - might as well make it a good one.

See here's the thing...

I love my wife - so fast women is out.

I'm a cheap ass mofo, so spending a lot of money is out.

How in the hell am I supposed to have an adequate crisis with not wanting to screw around or drop a lot of bank?

MAME.jpg

See here's the thing...

I love my wife - so fast women is out.

I'm a cheap ass mofo, so spending a lot of money is out.

How in the hell am I supposed to have an adequate crisis with not wanting to screw around or drop a lot of bank?

I've seen exercise junkie in similar situations...

I took up ski racing.

But I kept falling and smacking my head. I'd post a picture of myself in the racing suit but it might hurt your eyes.

Start gaming. You can get a pretty decent gaming rig for not much bank. :thumbs:

:210:

C.O.D. FTW! :)

Have you seen my car?

I paid for my wife to get a boob job.

Midlife crisis? Nope, I have no idea what you're talking about...

I liked Battlefield 3 until I got bored with playing online in the same half-dozen maps. I've moved on to Skyrim which will burn through WEEKS of your time with seemingly no end in sight...

I liked Battlefield 3 until I got bored with playing online in the same half-dozen maps. I've moved on to Skyrim which will burn through WEEKS of your time with seemingly no end in sight...

I'm kinda in the middle of an Oblivion game at the moment (haven't touched it in a few months, though). Never played Battlefield 3, but I used to play BF:1942's DC mod regularly with a group of friends (CTF maps, mostly). I also played WoW for a while (raiding, mostly) and EVE Online for a while (there's a cutthroat game for you; it's being studied as an economic model.)

Maybe it's generational. I just could not get into video games.

We had like PONG and then I had a Commodore 64 growing up with Pitfall and DigDug and PacMan and shit like that.

I'm more into music - starting guitar lessons. I guess that can be my midlife crisis - but if it takes me 20 years to get good enough then I guess I can go have a band when I retire or something.

^Considering the increase in life spans, what is the age range that constitutes mid-life? You may not be there for another 20 years.

I dunno if it is midlife crisis or just work fatigue...thoughts of droping the career to be a SAHM have been creeping in lately.

Back