MD results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used the "report" function for Capitalist's comment, but it is still there. I'm disappointed to see that hate speech is allowed in a professional forum such as this. I will not continue to use these boards.

Lighten up. The people that run and moderate this board have real jobs. Whatever funds are generated by donation or vendors goes to paying for the bandwidth. They do this for fun to give engineers working on obtaining their license a place to go. I'm sure they're not just sitting there on their computer waiting for you "report".

No. I also used the report function on Capitalist's comment. That is what the report button is there for. It is true that this forum is run by volunteers with real jobs to attend to. But it is a forum on a professional topic and has paying advertisers who want to know that the money they are spending is going to a well-run site. I am sure that "School of PE" (the current sponsor on the page I am viewing) doesn't want to be associated with a forum that a site that allows that kind of garbage to run rampant.

There is a reason why 4Chan doesn't have paying advertisers. The same reason why educated people don't visit 4chan.

I am not advocating hitting the report function on every Tom, Dick and Harry who complains about politics, or makes fun of liberals. But Capitalist's comments clearly crossed a line of decency.

WHAT DID I MISS?!?!?!

<in the voice of the dim witted police officer from South Park>

Nothing to see here, move along people.

A user just posted some derrogatory remarks about Maryland, and the moderators cleaned it up. Glad to see it got taken care of.

I used the "report" function for Capitalist's comment, but it is still there. I'm disappointed to see that hate speech is allowed in a professional forum such as this. I will not continue to use these boards.

Lighten up. The people that run and moderate this board have real jobs. Whatever funds are generated by donation or vendors goes to paying for the bandwidth. They do this for fun to give engineers working on obtaining their license a place to go. I'm sure they're not just sitting there on their computer waiting for you "report".

No. I also used the report function on Capitalist's comment. That is what the report button is there for. It is true that this forum is run by volunteers with real jobs to attend to. But it is a forum on a professional topic and has paying advertisers who want to know that the money they are spending is going to a well-run site. I am sure that "School of PE" (the current sponsor on the page I am viewing) doesn't want to be associated with a forum that a site that allows that kind of garbage to run rampant.

There is a reason why 4Chan doesn't have paying advertisers. The same reason why educated people don't visit 4chan.

I am not advocating hitting the report function on every Tom, Dick and Harry who complains about politics, or makes fun of liberals. But Capitalist's comments clearly crossed a line of decency.

Where did I say it shouldn't be removed? I agree they were very unprofessional remarks. My point was that you can't expect volunteer, part-time mods and admins to respond at the speed of light. If the vendors don't like the service, they won't advertise here. And if you don't like the way the boards are moderated, it looks to me like you have three choices: 1) volunteer to be a mod; 2) Live with it; 3) Leave. :dunno:

This is one of the better-moderated boards I've seen. The mods do a great job. :thankyou:

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagreed with your discouragement of members using the report function.

In specific, the part where you said "I'm sure they're not just sitting there on their computer waiting for you "report"." I'm sure you could of intended your post just to mean 'The post will be removed, Give the mods some time'. But it did not come across that way.

I did not say that you agreed with the comment in question.

And I did not say that I didn't like the way the boards were moderated.

...in other news, it's almost time to register for October '13, and we still have states sitting on the April '13 results.

So, as the other PCS states all got their results, maybe it is time to jump to the MD thread and stay there.

Do we really think we'll get the results in the mail before we see it online? Monday? Really?!

Let's hold out a glimmer of hope.

Sombody posted this in another thread. Can someone here try this and tell us your result i.e. does it allow you to apply for your PE license?

mbjw1982, on 06 Jun 2013 - 11:28, said:

https://www.dllr.sta...PEoriginal1.cgi

MARYLAND- GO HERE

Create Password

Use your EIT registration # if you took it in Maryland- you can look this up on the same site

Login and see if it allows you to update the information on file

(if it does, DO NOT UPDATE IT Just let us know if it worked)

For Maryland...email from DLLR

FE going out today. PE either today or tomorrow.

Sorry for your inconvenience.

Pam Edwards

MD Results posted on NCEES! Seriously. I took the FE exam in April, just refreshed the page, and see my passing notice in NCEES. Nothing on PCS or DLLR database yet though. Woo hoo! The PE is next for me!

PE Results are not yet out. I checked online but I haven't received my notice yet and nothing is showing up on the license search website.

Just got confirmation from Marlyand DLLR that results will post by tomorrow. They advised that those who pass will see their name and license on the "Licence Search" by 4 PM tomorrow. As you know you will also receive an email from NCEES.

The kicker though is that I was able to pay for my PE License today using the following details and when I called and spoke to the lady she confirmed that if I was able to pay then I passed. She then asked me for my name and confirmed that I passed. WOHOO!! I'll update once I get this email from NCEES!!

If you want to try and see if you passed follow the details below.

MARYLAND- GO HERE https://www.dllr.sta...PEoriginal1.cgi

Create Password

Use your EIT registration # if you took it in Maryland- you can look this up on the same site

Login and see if it allows you to update the information on file

Update the information and see if it allows you to pay for you PE License.

Back