math problem ratio to word problem

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kywill

Reaction score
To anyone who has taken the pe before, just out of curiosity, how many math problems are there in relation to word problems? I am feeling like 5 word and 35 math in am???

To anyone who has taken the pe before, just out of curiosity, how many math problems are there in relation to word problems? I am feeling like 5 word and 35 math in am???
I don't think anyone who has taken the test before is allowed to answer that.

I have never taken test, but based on the sample test, it appears that there is going to be more than 5

I have never taken test, but based on the sample test, it appears that there is going to be more than 5
Oh, I love it when people want to know exactly how the exam will be formatted, what calculator to buy, what shoes to wear, and where it's best to sit during the exam. This information will add zero value in preparation for the exam.

kywill - no essay questions will be asked and you won't be able to buy a vowel. :)

Oh, I love it when people want to know exactly how the exam will be formatted, what calculator to buy, what shoes to wear, and where it's best to sit during the exam. This information will add zero value in preparation for the exam.

kywill - no essay questions will be asked and you won't be able to buy a vowel. :)
While i understand what you intended to stay, i would not discourage anybody from being "too ready" for the exam considering the gravity of the situation. There is comfort in knowing where to sit, what the test is like, format, cutoff, etc. These things do not necessarily bring more points but ease the anxiety of the unknown. In addition, there is a difference between calculators on this test. I own both the TI and Casio and find the Casio much more friendly to use, especially with the "solve" command.

"Zero Value" questions are better than zero value answers and are typical of most test takers who are nervous about Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for all the smart ass answers, really cool, can't wait to become a PE and troll around sites mocking EITs to make myself feel better.......

We had assigned seating at my test. I can't remember what shoes I wore, though...

Back