Math - argh!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^Don't kill yourself before the exam, key. Eight hours of exam plus lunch is grueling, both mentally and physically. You need to be sure you're both mentally and physically prepared. I was not prepared for the grueling nature of these tests when I took the FE and I almost completely ran out of steam 7 hours into it. When I took the PE at least I knew what I was getting into, but I still put my head down for a rest during the afternoon portion.

Unless you're one of those annoying people with an inexhaustable supply of energy, several 12 hours days of cramming beforehand is probably not going to put you in the place you need to be for exam day. It doesn't matter how much you studied if you can't physically make it through the test. Many people suggest that you take the couple days before the exam off with no studying--just relax and do something you enjoy. Also eat well and get plenty of sleep.

I don't envy the position you're in being so long out of school, but it sounds like you've got it under control.

Thanks mudpuppy. I do plan to not study the day before - just take the day off, go get a hotel in Miami close to the exam site, abstain from alcohol or sex the night before and just chill out.

Thanks mudpuppy. I do plan to not study the day before - just take the day off, go get a hotel in Miami close to the exam site, abstain from alcohol or sex the night before and just chill out.
Please abstain from sex during the exam as well. I know there's nothing specifically in the rules, but probably a good idea.

But sex DURING the exam - you might get on a few talk shows, maybe make enough money to forget engineering, at least get on Yahoo Odd News, ok gotta get back to beams and columns.......

Back