License Number Assignments (California PE)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was one of the lucky 104 folks that was issued my license number! Almost exactly 2 years ago I signed up for my first review course to start studying for the 8 hour exam. Good luck to everyone out there that still needs to get past it, you can do it!

The board had just sent an email stating there has been a delay in issuing the licenses. Next anticipated date is June 19th unfortunately.
Who did you receive this info from? Seems to be contradictory to what occurred over the weekend?

Who did you receive this info from? Seems to be contradictory to what occurred over the weekend?
@CAPLS , I emailed BPELSG Evaluator on June 4th at 4:43 p.m. (PT) asking for an update since we haven't seen any new licenses issued per previous email that indicated a release date of June 4th. This was their response: From DCA, BPELSG Evaluator2@DCA <[email protected]> "There has been a delay in licensure sorry for the inconvenience. Your license should issue June 19th, 2021." They must have worked out the kinks later that evening after sending me the email.

@CAPLS , I emailed BPELSG Evaluator on June 4th at 4:43 p.m. (PT) asking for an update since we haven't seen any new licenses issued per previous email that indicated a release date of June 4th. This was their response: From DCA, BPELSG Evaluator2@DCA <[email protected]> "There has been a delay in licensure sorry for the inconvenience. Your license should issue June 19th, 2021." They must have worked out the kinks later that evening after sending me the email.
okay thanks for responding. That sounds like a "generic" response to the number of people calling/emailing on Friday afternoons. FYI, you typically will not "see" the licensing updates by late Friday afternoon since they primarily run over night. I always recommend people check on Saturday morning instead.

Congrats! It could be 4-6 weeks. They issue new numbers every other Friday (very late in the day). I got passing results on 5/10 then license issued 6/4.
I just passed my last exam yesterday (June 7, 21). Any guess when those who are newly complete will get their numbers?

I got my passing results on 5/10 and am still waiting on my number and license. I wish this was a faster process as it makes a difference for my job.

I got my passing results on 5/10 and am still waiting on my number and license. I wish this was a faster process as it makes a difference for my job.
Same here, from waiting for the application to get approved, having to reschedule the cancelled test in March and now finally when done the long wait for license number!!! I too got my final results on 5/10 and waiting on license number. I did check with the board this Monday and was told to expect new license numbers on June 19th.

Anybody that got their license # issued on 6/4/2021 get their wall certificate yet?
I was issued my number 6/4, and I have not received my wall certificate. I also haven't even received an email or anything. I'm not surprised about the wall certificate, I'm sure we won't get those for many weeks after the issue date.

Same here, from waiting for the application to get approved, having to reschedule the cancelled test in March and now finally when done the long wait for license number!!! I too got my final results on 5/10 and waiting on license number. I did check with the board this Monday and was told to expect new license numbers on June 19th.
Did you get you number? I too got result on 6/7 and just checked I’m not on there yet。 hope I can get it 7/3

i just got my license # but it expires in 2 months, what gives?
"First-time Licensure for Engineers and Land Surveyors: The application fee includes licensure through the first renewal quarter after the license is issued. Approximately one (1) to two (2) months after being notified of licensure, first-time licensees will receive a renewal notice for payment of the full renewal fee. Once renewed, the license will be valid for an additional two (2) years. The renewal month and day will remain the same until the license is retired, canceled, or revoked."

Found this on License Renewal Information - Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists about midway down the page

Some licensing boards charge a separate fee for the initial license after the applicant meets all the criteria. California BPELSG doesn't do that.

I also passed 6/7 but did not receive my license during the overnight licensing run. I had emailed the evaluator for my name last week and they said I would receive it 7/3, and this was after asking for my middle initial, so I didn't think it was just a generic answer. Very disappointing...

Is there anyone else who received their final pass notice on 6/7 and did NOT receive their license number yet?

I also passed 6/7 but did not receive my license during the overnight licensing run. I had emailed the evaluator for my name last week and they said I would receive it 7/3, and this was after asking for my middle initial, so I didn't think it was just a generic answer. Very disappointing...

Is there anyone else who received their final pass notice on 6/7 and did NOT receive their license number yet?
I passed on 6/7 and still haven’t seen mine

Back