Let the Games BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Winter is coming" for 5 seasons then oh no we need two years for winter to arrive...

I refuse to give up hope
giphy.gif

I wouldn't say the kids create obstacles, because they also had to endure us not being there while we're studying and cramming for the exam.  I hope that I pass this exam this time around so I can go back to dedicating my time with my family.  I studied mostly at work and late at night so i did not lose too much quality time, but my mind was definitely somewhere else during exam sessions.  
I know how you feel. I missed countless hours with my kids while I was in school, studying for the FE, then the PE. I love my children unconditionally, but that doesn't mean that they haven't create obstacles and I don't think there's anything wrong with admitting that. I remember interviewing for a scholarship two days after delivering my second child, pumping in the bathroom between classes, taking my kids to class with me when their schools were closed but mine wasn't.  Going through this process with kids is challenging. There's definitely a work/study/family balance and it's hard on all parties involved, but the benefit far outweighs the cost or we wouldn't be putting ourselves and our families through this right now.

I am looking forward to giving myself back to my kids; physically, mentally, and emotionally; as are you and many others on this discussion board. I wish you the best of luck!

I know how you feel. I missed countless hours with my kids while I was in school, studying for the FE, then the PE. I love my children unconditionally, but that doesn't mean that they haven't create obstacles and I don't think there's anything wrong with admitting that. I remember interviewing for a scholarship two days after delivering my second child, pumping in the bathroom between classes, taking my kids to class with me when their schools were closed but mine wasn't.  Going through this process with kids is challenging. There's definitely a work/study/family balance and it's hard on all parties involved, but the benefit far outweighs the cost or we wouldn't be putting ourselves and our families through this right now.

I am looking forward to giving myself back to my kids; physically, mentally, and emotionally; as are you and many others on this discussion board. I wish you the best of luck!
Indeed. Now trying doing this for 4 years while in Grad School. <smh>

But I'm already making up the time as I finished and got the degree! 

Back