Kids of EB

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm expecting minisnick to take another growth spurt very soon...he has been eating dinner without too much fuss and ALL of it...which has been good indicator lately of impending height explosion...that and his skin is ubber warm, but no fever. He turns into a furnance around growth spurts too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've said it before, I am excited over the fact that my kids will be graduated from HS before I'm 45 and college before I'm 50. At that point, I will be making fatty money to truly enjoy my Friday nights, Saturday sleep-ins, and Sunday golf outings... (not even counting the fact that my kids are already approaching the age where they can join me in doing these things already)

Sure I wish the money was there to buy all the big things before the kids came along, but my wife and I have managed to get along just fine without it.

I'm not saying one way is globally better than the other, but I know the path I chose has treated me fairly well so far. You obviously enjoy the path you chose, and I'm happy for you.
I don't mean that your way is wrong, but the point is, I don't want to spend anymore time hitting bars every week, I am pretty done with that because I did it all as a twentysomething. Now I like/look forward spending all my free time with my family. I still do some stuff by myself or with friends but it is about 1 or 2 afternoons a month.

growth spurst on the horizon...minisnick ate a small bowl of goldfish crackers, a full banana, an entire chicken patty, probably a handful of chips, and later had a cereal bar later in the evening. he never eats that much

nice pic. the photographer could have centered it better.

^yeah I know, but that is one of his most natural authentic smiles. He already has a fake smile which made an appearance in some of the other shots taken...still super cute but I know he just going through the motions.

Meh, that's what they make mats and frames for. Looks great.

I think letting minisnick watch the gymnastics and diving olympic stuff was a bad idea...He has started imitating the moves. I think I will see if there is a tumbling lesson place in the area so he learns how to do it coorectly and not hurt himself.

Both kids are officially in grade school now.

My wife dropped them off for their first day of school this morning (about 10 minutes ago). My son starts 2nd grade and my daughter starts kindergarten. Damn they grow up fast.

August through May. They only get June & July off for summer, but they also get 2-weeks each for fall and spring breaks.

Watch out Tiger Woods....

373912_4060024212963_1491950996_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
minisnick was getting very upset yesterday when he watched me disassemble his toddler bed which was also his crib. I told him we were taking his baby stuff down because he isn't a baby anymore and his big boy bed was coming soon. He didn't start being happy again until i had him help me put up the new dinosaur decals on the walls.

What kind of bed is minisnick getting? Are you gonna surprise him with new bedsheets or let him pick out his own?

he already picked out the bedding. We went to target and let him choose. He picked the dinosaur stuff. so we got the bedding set, the wall decals, and the t-rex pillow. There is a canvas picture I saw online that wasn't at the store, which I might get too. I pick up the twin mattress this afternoon and the bed frame itself is still waiting to come in....it is a raised miniloft sort of thing with stairs (which is the piece they are waiting on) and two - 3 drawer dressers underneath it. With the storage bulit in we can take the dresser/changer combo thing out and it will give him more room in his bedroom.

There is a slight chance it will be in today or tomorrow for a wed delivery (only day they deliver out to our area) and I didn't want to deal with a mid week disassemble after work.

Back