Kids of EB

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
come on guys, that ape shit article is funny as hell... why no love for my link? Oh well, maybe I'm the only cynacle (how the hell is that spelled) parent right now.
*cynical :p

Last edited by a moderator:
i think we are going to have to start serious $ talks with minisnick. Lately when he wants something at the store and we ask him how he is going to pay for it, it he says you just buy it.

it isn't the toys with him all the time, lately He wants the hog wash or bug juice juice bottles from the gas station or register lines.

when did everyone start with the whole allowance thing? I'm thinking it might be time to start. But might operate like a friends parents did when I was little. They had two cups for quarters the "bank" and their share, and they earned their allowance a quarter at a time over the week. chores and Good behavior got them to the max total sooner, bad behavior lost them $. then the settled up with them at the end of the week

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I was only kidding about that. My oldest is only 4. Although we did attempt it recently. She would get a quarter everytime she fed the dog. Fail. She stopped caring. My guess is anytime after first grade.

Side note. #3 is 12 weeks old today.

when did everyone start with the whole allowance thing? I'm thinking it might be time to start. But might operate like a friends parents did when I was little. They had two cups for quarters the "bank" and their share, and they earned their allowance a quarter at a time over the week. chores and Good behavior got them to the max total sooner, bad behavior lost them $. then the settled up with them at the end of the week

my parents did something similar. I got the bank when I graduated high school... pre-coinstar- I spent a lot of time that summer rolling pennies nickles and dimes

minisnick already has chores. he has to help with his laundry and he puts the empty water jugs outside one a month....there are no slackers in snick household.

Current plan is when each kid turns 5, they'll start receiving an allowance, $10 biweekly. $6 is for spending, $3 for saving, and $1 for either church offering or donating elsewhere.

Not sure about chores yet. I could really use some help with laundry.

Oh and whenever Mini YMZ whined about wanting an "upstairs house", I told her she needed to study hard and work hard so she could buy a 2-story house when she grows up. Negative - this confirms I'm turning into my parents. Positive - instead of whining, she now talks about getting a job when she grows up so she can buy a house.

Always fun waking up to your 2 1/2 yr old puking in bed. I hope this is not a sign of things to come.

I hear that. Good luck with that. Mine has puked 3 more times since, and is now laying on him mattress in the living room beside me on the couch.

Latest posts

Back