Kid's Christmas Toys

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I have a costly Christmas tale.... I ordered a big Lego set from Amazon back in late October, at a decent price, for my son's Christmas present. It's the thing he wants more than anything - he just doesn'st stop talking about it - the Lego Technic Off-Roader. Well, weeks passed and the thing didn't show. So I checked up on the order and found out it was sent Parcel Post, rather than Priority, so it was literally put on "The Slow Boat to China". My past experience indicated that the fastest it would arrive would be in 7 weeks - which would put it here about this week. The slowest could push into February.

I felt terrible for my son - this is the big year for him, I think - he's really buying in to the whole Santa thing. So I spoke with my wife and we decided we'd better not risk it, so I found one on eBay from a seller who would ship Priority Mail and ordered it a week ago. It arrived on time. And the next day, so did the first one from the Amazon seller.

Crap!

So I have a costly Christmas tale.... I ordered a big Lego set from Amazon back in late October, at a decent price, for my son's Christmas present. It's the thing he wants more than anything - he just doesn'st stop talking about it - the Lego Technic Off-Roader. Well, weeks passed and the thing didn't show. So I checked up on the order and found out it was sent Parcel Post, rather than Priority, so it was literally put on "The Slow Boat to China". My past experience indicated that the fastest it would arrive would be in 7 weeks - which would put it here about this week. The slowest could push into February.
I felt terrible for my son - this is the big year for him, I think - he's really buying in to the whole Santa thing. So I spoke with my wife and we decided we'd better not risk it, so I found one on eBay from a seller who would ship Priority Mail and ordered it a week ago. It arrived on time. And the next day, so did the first one from the Amazon seller.

Crap!
Can you return the Amazon one? They have pretty good customer service.

Give him both. When he sees it... he'll shit bricks.

Frankly, I'm not all that hot on toys at Christmas.

Too much competition - I'm afraid I'll be replaced!

Latest posts

Back