Just Too Funny!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike in Gastonia

Reaction score
I haven't heard anyone mention one of our favorite former posters in a while. I was looking for something on the NSPE website and saw that they have forums. I was looking through some of the old posts and lo and behold - what did I find?

A post on the NSPE message board

How many things can I spot that are wrong here? This should be fun.

I am really appalled at the spelling and grammar of the posts I have read on engineering forums. I realize that we aren't teaching advanced english concepts to college students, but, as engineers, are we doing well? The way I have read it is that the engineering posts are written largely comparible to junior high students writing on myplace (in many cases the students do a better job of articulating, spelling and grammar...sad to say).
1. English should be capitalized

2. after college students it would make more sense to use a semi-colon

3. it's spelled comparable

4. it's called MySpace and should be capitalized as a proper noun

5. (puncutation goes inside the parentheses.)

6. This guy is a moron who should spend some quality time with the MLA handbook before playing grammar cop

Is this yours Luis?

fudge_05_pumpup_lge.jpg

i see you found my new line of hair care products! its my fallback if i can't pass the PE. until then thgouh I say Bring it On!! :bio:

I always thought the fudgester was a fellow from the other infamous board (named Edwin). But after further thought I believe he is unique in his fudginess.

There is a fellow who posts at "the other board" named "Josh the Toad", and I have strong feelings that is a pseudonym for another EB.com poster.

Of course, I'm probably completely wrong on all points.

Back