Just Curious! Any PE here who's younger than me?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BebeshKing PE

THIS IS THE WAY
Reaction score
I'm just curious to know if anyone here are PE's that is younger than me.
I'm a Professional Engineer, 27 years old, with 5 years of engineering experience in the Building Design(Electrical) industry.

There was a topic already created with that question, but I cannot seem to locate it...

Edit: Found it! Seems like 24 was the youngest anyone on here took the PE. NCEES says the average is about 31 - 32 to take the PE.

https://engineerboards.com/threads/average-age-to-take-fe-pe-se.35541/
If I follow that...I was 22 for FE and 31 for PE...if I got creative on the application I probably could have taken PE at 26. I wasn't sure as I work for a GC and we don't do a whole lot of "design" in the traditional sense of the word so I waited until i could comfortable say I had the required "design" experience. However, I would like an asterisk as I was supposed to take the PE in April 2020 and would have been 30 at the time...

the 1st time I took the PE, I was 26.

I passed the FE at 20 (junior year of college)

ETA: I was 30 when I passed.

PE at 3
I'm just curious to know if anyone here are PE's that is younger than me.
I'm a Professional Engineer, 27 years old, with 5 years of engineering experience in the Building Design(Electrical) industry.
PE at 33 for me....ahh to be 27 again...that was a good year.

I was 25 when I passed the Civil PE. California requirements help, only 2 years of qualifying experience needed.

I was 25 when I passed the Civil PE. California requirements help, only 2 years of qualifying experience needed.
Got you beat at 24 when I first got my PE! Got the SE 2 years later at 26.

Back