job vacancy question

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsli001

Reaction score
Hi guys

I just got a question regarding civil job. I had apply a civil job recently, and I had noticed that they had extend the deadline and increased the vacancy from 1 to 3. I was wondering what is going on? Is that mean my chance is getting slim? Just need to some input to see should I give the hope up.

thanks

tsli

It sounds like they now wanting to hire 3 people instead of just 1. They most likely extended the period because they made a change to the posting, which is every common.

Hi guys
I just got a question regarding civil job. I had apply a civil job recently, and I had noticed that they had extend the deadline and increased the vacancy from 1 to 3. I was wondering what is going on? Is that mean my chance is getting slim? Just need to some input to see should I give the hope up.

thanks

tsli
You really don't give enough information to answer your question.

Where do you stand in the application process? How long ago did you apply? Did you just send in an application, but haven't heard anything? Did they contact you? Did you interview?

Also, just a question to ask yourself, but being honest with yourself, are you qualified for the job? Do you at least meet the minimum requirements stated in the job description? Did you customize your application and resume to illustrate to them that you are qualified for the job? Did you check everything you sent them for correct grammar and typos?

Back