It's Friday!!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I worked extra hours earlier in the week, so I'm taking off around 1-2 today. Visiting my Mom in her new place for the first time. I went with her to look at the condo before she bought it, but have not seen it all set up yet. Her neighbors are 80-something year old widows, so there is some heavy lifting and furniture assembly she needs some help with. We'll also find out how dogproof she's made it, as she will be in the market for a puppy in the next year or so, because I'm bringing Helena the Horrible.

I've had things come up for two straight months when I planned to visit, so I figured I'd get her a second housewarming gift while on vacation last week. And I promised her I'd make her a typical Icelandic breakfast buffet (where I went on vaca), which I'm not sure is a blessing or a curse. At least the pate and smoked cod will be stinking up her fridge instead of mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
That does make for a good Friday! Hopefully, your surf and turf was not interrupted this week...

purple_haze_bottle_six_pack_rays.jpg

@#$* you, bitches! :bananapowerslide:

Going to get lunch, then going home to watch DVR'd episodes of IASIF and The League!

So I was able to sleep in today (6:30) as it's my AFO. The coffee was set to brew at 6:50, but being only 6:30, I had to manually turn it on. While waiting for my bean juice to drip enough for my cup, I gazed into the fridge to see what kind of concoction I could create and plunder before mini-MS awoke. Before I could look very far, a glass bottle full of beer shot out and nearly fell off the shelf. I felt as if this little beer wanted to take its own life. Maybe since it was unused and feeling unproductive. Well, being the caring and nurturing guy that I am, I paid special attention to this little guy. Soon, his friends saw the attention I was paying the lonely one.

Long story short, I got a buzz before the wifey-wife woke up.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!! :D

Friday for me too. Forced furlough day tomorrow. On the bright side, my mom's flying into Denver for the weekend, and we'll be spending the weekend with her down there.

It's my Friday as well, but since most of the ble household is battling colds, I don't think there will be much drinking tonight. Maybe I'll have a beer.

Back