Isaac

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How windy are balls anyway?

If I were in low lying lands and unsure about the water control system, I'd be concerned. 10-20 in. rain is a lot of water to deal with.

Glad you're in good shape, MS I hope it stays that way for you, but I suspect there will be more beer casualties.

Been a slow drizzle for the past hour or so now. It's quite something to see large oak trees sway in the wind and imagine how much energy really is in even a category 1 hurricane. I don't foresee non-essential personnel being asked to report to work tomorrow since this thing will be over us until at least tomorrow noonish.

Since it's on my mind now, I was reminding Mrs. MS about the last hurricane we went through (Gustav, before the kiddos) and how we sat on the front porch and watched the wind and rain while getting smashed. I reminded her how much fun we had. Then she reminded me that she didn't have as much fun as me since that was the day she threw up in the azaleas. Ahhhh, good times.

are you getting paid for the inclement weather time off or do you have to use vacation time to cover it?

Since it's on my mind now, I was reminding Mrs. MS about the last hurricane we went through (Gustav, before the kiddos) and how we sat on the front porch and watched the wind and rain while getting smashed. I reminded her how much fun we had. Then she reminded me that she didn't have as much fun as me since that was the day she threw up in the azaleas. Ahhhh, good times.
On the news this morning they were showing footage from last night where a reporter was at a Hurricane Party in the French Quarter. The reporter was asking them if it was really a good idea to be hanging out at a bar during a storm like this. The patrons response was that if anything were to go wrong you have all these other people who are with you that could help you and that it was really the safest place to be...

...all I could think to myself is that much may be true, but if the shit hits the fan you are surrounded by a bunch of drunks. How are they going to be any help?

I read this morning that Entergy has 400,000 customers out. Not horrendous or anything, but nothing to sneeze at either.

...all I could think to myself is that much may be true, but if the shit hits the fan you are surrounded by a bunch of drunks. How are they going to be any help?
I see they have adopted the EB.com business model.
yup. Couldn't hurt. "they're sharing a drink called loneiness but it's better than drinking alone"

We had the power go out right after my last post (2 hours), but now it's back on. Strange. It'll probably go out again before it's over. No biggie. It wasn't that bad with the windows open and a natural 40 mph fan on. Still no significant rain, although the yellow stuff on the radar is practically on top of us. We walked the street earlier and all the kids are flying their kites. Small branches down and a ton of leaves. Hopefully some of the branches that liberated themselves during Gustav will finally make their way to the ground this go around.

I see they have adopted the EB.com business model.
yup. Couldn't hurt. "they're sharing a drink called loneiness but it's better than drinking alone"
Well, you know when I drink alone, I prefer to be by myself.

This is the dumbest fucking stoirm ever. Stalls like a girl learning todrive a stckk shift. If itwerennt for the power being ouit itd be ok. But its just rain rain rain. Wtf is "dry'? Shti. Wish this bastardfd would just move on. Slow pile of poo. The wind isn't wven that bad anymore. GO mother fkcer

Looks like Isaac is scheduled to dump on Louisville this Sunday...the day of the first football game of the year. Damn hurricanes.

I saw this on the news briefly, it looks like every time a Hurrican rolls through Morgan Beach, Alabama it uncovers more of this mystery ship at the beach

pretty cool!

http://photos.orangebeach.ws/2008/September/Mystery-Ship-at-Fort-Morgan/13985461_6hVXQV#!i=1028355125&k=AYtQa

402834_10151026911487405_1495362237_n.jpg

Back