Isaac

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, got the word from on high that non-essential personnel shall not report to work tomorrow or Wednesday. Cool by me. :bananapowerslide:

And HFS, I also found out that one of the engineers is evacuating to Dallas this afternoon! He and his wife are from California, she's scared sh*tless (no lie), and he doesn't want his Prius flooded (double no lie)!!! :lmao: I snortled.

...he doesn't want his Prius flooded ...
The cost of electric vehicles will necessarily skyrocket.

294361_423193411080070_1466444639_n.jpg

Remember Nagin's 'chocolate city' remark?

naginweb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Day 1 in hurricane lockdown. Overall morale is high. Troops haven't gone goofy yet and there is enough beer in the fridge for the duration. Wind is light to moderate and sun is shining with blue skies above. Me thinks I won't be working on Thursday either. Will check hotline tomorrow (Day 2). Will try to update EB HQ of leaves on oak trees when they decide to fall onto the lawn. Poor soldiers just trying to photosynthesize for the betterment of their own tree... only to be taken out by category 1 winds. That bastard, Isaac. May go on walk later with children to the park.

Please say a prayer or two for the leaves that will no longer serve their trees.

2 of the 3 gas stations at the same intersection that i pass as I go to work jumped their prices overnight from $3.75 to $3.99 per gal.

Needless to say, even though I still had a 1/3 tank I filled up a the station that was still $3.75.

Gas went up twenty cents yesterday at some stations I pass.

Luckily my tank is full, or close on it.

Need to update...coworkers said they saw $4.10/gal this morning on their way in. 3.75 to 4.10 in Illinois!!!!!!

The media's to blame on this one, news idiots were blaring about the "hurricane" and how its impacting fuel prices and that YOU BETTER FILL UP NOW!!! Who's really impacting the fuel prices again? <_<

Master Slacker...professional eb.com spammer and weather blogger. Nice.

Seriously, stay dry. Follow those little swirly evac signs on the highway if you have to get out of town...

Still windy, but just dark now. Until the sun rises, I will not be able to update you on how many leaves have been murdered. Two casualties thus far, though... Two beers have given their lives so that I may be able to have my thirst quenched. Please say a prayer for the others in the fridge.

Windy as balls this morning and, yet again, this storm is changing its course. I can't say I've seen a storm change paths so many times so late in the game. It's a slow mover so we'll be in this all day. Now it's going to be further west of us.

The slow movement means rain and flooding could become a serious problem. Stay high and dry MS.

Back