Inspirational Quotes

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On Cyptocurrency = Exchange of Electrons Concepts

" An Electron is an elementary particle that is a fundamental constituent of matter, having a negative charge of 1.602 × 10 −19 coulombs, a mass of 9.108 × 10 −31 kilograms, and spin of ½, and existing independently or as the component outside the nucleus of an atom. So it is there." @knight1fox3

"I've been tempted to over the past year or so, but just cant get over the fact that you're buying electrons.  There is nothing there.  That said I'll keep thinking about it, but I'm pretty sure we are all a few years to late.  Its got to come crashing down and soon." @goodal

On buying properties

"Always order a preliminary title report prior to closing. You'll never know if there's cloud  or any liens on the title."

Last edited by a moderator:
It is better to have spammed and been banned than never to have spammed at all. 

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.   Hunter S Thompson

Overweight Waffle House waitresses need love too.  Tiger Woods

On Profitability

"No company will be able to sustain its profitability unless it is able to break down the costs of doing business while simultaneously understanding the cost of each step in the manufacturing or operation process. To do so, a company must firmly establish adequate accounting controls and cost analysis." - Phil Fisher

The worst of the deadly seven sins

"Of the seven deadly sins, envy is the worst because if you have it, you don't feel better. Your feel worse....I've had some good times with gluttony... we won't get into lust."

- Warren Buffett

On Agreement: One of my favorite Paragraphs or Clauses

[SIZE=11.0pt]WHEREAS, [/SIZE][SIZE=11.0pt]Partner/Investor One and Partner/Investor Two hereby state that we are investors who are seeking to accumulate wealth, and to pursue financial happiness. The parties affirm to refuse strangers, financial experts, or experts to make my financial decisions for the parties.  [/SIZE]

Attitude of Manager

The attitude of our managers vividly contrasts with that of the young man who married a tycoon's only child, a decidedly homely and dull lass. Relieved, the father called in his new son-in-law after the wedding and began to discuss the future:

Father: "Son, you're the boy I always wanted and never had. Here's a stock certificate for 50% of the company. You're my equal partner from now on."

Son-in-law: "Thanks, dad."

Father: "Now, what would you like to run? How about sales?"

Son-in-law: "I'm afraid I couldn't sell water to a man crawling in the Sahara."

Father: "Well then, how about heading human relations?"

Son-in-law: "I really don't care for people."

Father: "No problem, we have lots of other spots in the business. What would you like to do?"

Son-in-law: "Actually, nothing appeals to me. Why don't you just buy me out?"

"Excerpt from Warren Buffett"

"If you have to struggle to succeed, you're not a success.  You're a struggler".  

"No student has ever had to struggle for an A".

Definition of struggle

struggled; struggling play \-g(ə-)liŋ\

intransitive verb

1to make strenuous or violent efforts in the face of difficulties or opposition 

• struggling with the problem

2to proceed with difficulty or with great effort 

• struggled through the high grass
  • struggling to make a living

— 

struggler

play \-g(ə-)lər\ noun

Timing the Market (stocks, real estate, Cryptocurrency, etc.) 

You won't know what is going to happen to the Market, and you won't know when the market is going to go up or down...all I want to know is where I am going to die, so I will never go there." - Warren Buffett 

No need to do deals all the time to justify that you are doing something

"When a chief executive officer is encouraged by his advisers to make deals, he responds much as would a teenage boy who is encouraged by his father to have a normal sex life. It's not a push he needs." - Warren Buffett

Back