Innovative Nurse With Some Design Questions

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is an approximate range for the desirable wheel temperature?
I'm 'scientifically' guessing (based upon thermal application standards in the medical field) somewhere between 100 and 110 degrees F? (but those numbers are related to direct skin contact...this will be used during the application of a substrate TO the skin, so in other words - there will be a barrier between the skin and the heat.

so, maybe a little higher (up to about 115-118?)

However, I dont want to delve into the litigious filed of skin burns either, if the patient happens to roll over an area of exposed skin...which THEY WILL ;)

And may I also ad, I didnt get to where this device is today, ON MY OWN. and every, single person who's input leads to an improved design alteration, will NOT be forgotten. I'm not a greedy, or stingy person. I invented this device after working with a patient who spent 4-6 HOURS a D-A-Y in a medical wound dressing management process- which was cut down to 10 minutes with the use of this device. It LITERALLY changed the quality of her life, and gave her a renewed reason to LIVE--- and that was MY ONLY driver, and still is, to date.

I never planned on going public or to manufacturing... I made the damn thing myself, and had a friend 3d printer it, and worked from there. I spent almost 18 grueling months, writing an entire patent specification for the USPTO -MYSELF -which SUCKED - but I did it, and saved me about 20 thousand dollars.- and yes, I have since retained that patent. Another friend did the CADS for me, and so far, its been a major collaboration of all totally cool, smart people...of whom I will NOT forget! ( I have 2 major medical companies reviewing partial IP, and one that's already made an offer, but they were complete jerks about the whole process)- and since my intent is not to become an overnight BAZILLIONAIRE, I don't have to sell SHIT to anybody who cannot appreciate how this was born, and who helped it become a reality. Period. :)  

remember to not be fixated on the device containing the heating element. You can design a holder for the device that will heat your design temporarily (I assume each application time will be relatively short in nature).....wow....did I just sound like a guy on the Big Bang Theory show....hopefully not like Sheldon.

remember to not be fixated on the device containing the heating element. You can design a holder for the device that will heat your design temporarily (I assume each application time will be relatively short in nature).....wow....did I just sound like a guy on the Big Bang Theory show....hopefully not like Sheldon.
Haaaaaaaa! Sheldon....lolololol

I would suggest the use of a PTC heater.  They literally can not over heat past their set temperature.

ETA: I am a patent agent as well as an ME, so if I can be of any assistance in that regard, I am happy to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back