Innovative Nurse With Some Design Questions

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello to all- and let's just take a moment to THANK GOD for Glorious ENGINEERS. I love em'- smart bunch of kids you guys are...HOLY MOLY!

I have some questions about a medical device I have designed. I am looking for maybe a student, or someone who has a little extra free time on their hands, to offers some troubleshooting regarding my device design. I've actually already filed the provisional patent, had it for a year now, and am re-filing it due to the addition I want to make to this device. I've had it 3d printer proto-typed already, and all the CAD specs are already done. I'm FINALLY at the end of the 'design road' so to speak - and of course, I would like to add something to it that I think only an engineer could make simplistic and manufacturing-friendly.

If anyone is interested in taking this ride with me, I'm certainly NOT a greedy person, and will absolutely share my successes! I've already got a couple people on board who did most of my CAD work, and design - however, for this addition, I believe I need someone who is more mechanically inclined.

Thanks so much everyone!!

I forgot to add some pics, and did not see an 'edit post' option, so I'm just going to add my media via this route, Sorry guys- newbie here!

HERE IS A BASIC COMPARISON, OF WHAT I AM LOOKING TO DO, WITHOUT GIVING AWAY MY IP!!

HEATED EXAMPLE.jpg

I am a lowly road engineer but I am sure someone here can help out!

so what does this device do?  the roller part? my wife is an ICU nurse btw..

I forgot to add some pics, and did not see an 'edit post' option, so I'm just going to add my media via this route, Sorry guys- newbie here!

HERE IS A BASIC COMPARISON, OF WHAT I AM LOOKING TO DO, WITHOUT GIVING AWAY MY IP!!

View attachment 8498
Sounds like a question for an electrical engineer.

(I only know about wastewater.)

This seems like a suitable thermoelectric application.  Which leverages the Peltier effect to create a heat flux between the junction of (2) different material types.

This seems like a suitable thermoelectric application.  Which leverages the Peltier effect to create a heat flux between the junction of (2) different material types.
Ceramics can open up a lot of options.  Hadn't thought of something like a Peltier module.  I do have some heat treatment experience, and was leaning more along the lines of a ceramic wheel with an embedded heating element.  Current can pass through something as basic as a spring loaded contactor.

Good LORD....like......huh? ;)

LOL.

You sound ridiculously smart human. So, English please?

Ceramics can open up a lot of options.  Hadn't thought of something like a Peltier module.  I do have some heat treatment experience, and was leaning more along the lines of a ceramic wheel with an embedded heating element.  Current can pass through something as basic as a spring loaded contactor.
It does NOT have to be steel...as long as it can withstand washing, AND possibly autoclaving if surgical grade is implemented.

Latest posts

Back