Industrial Waste Water - Questions

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DCall781

Reaction score
Hi All,
Can anyone speak to industrial waste water process design? I have been in multiple manufacturing industries for 20 years, over the last several I have gotten a bit into the waste water/pre-treatment side of the plant. As a chemical engineer I am finding it interesting however, I am struggling to find companies that perform a full system design, installation and commissioning in the Massachusetts area.

Is it typical for a firm/company to specialize in this type of process? Or does it typically get wrapped up into other disciplines such as municipal wastewater design? I have identified a number or companies that specialize in making specific unit operation equipment (DAF systems, clarifiers, tanks, etc.) but no one detailing the selection, layout and startup of an entire pre-treatment process for a manufacturing plant. Do these companies exist?

Last edited:
Hi All,
Can anyone speak to industrial waste water process design? I have been in multiple manufacturing industries for 20 years, over the last several I have gotten a bit into the waste water/pre-treatment side of the plant. As a chemical engineer I am finding it interesting however, I am struggling to find companies that perform a full system design, installation and commissioning in the Massachusetts area.

Is it typical for a firm/company to specialize in this type of process? Or does it typically get wrapped up into other disciplines such as municipal wastewater design? I have identified a number or companies that specialize in making specific unit operation equipment (DAF systems, clarifiers, tanks, etc.) but no one detailing the selection, layout and startup of an entire pre-treatment process for a manufacturing plant. Do these companies exist?
They do and they're hiring. I recruit in this space.

Back