Question about my potential references

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mahr

Reaction score
I am applying for the PE exam with FE waiver and will need to submit at least 3 references from licensed Professional Engineers to sit for the exam.

I have 9 years of work experience in electric power/utility industry and just recently started a new job at a power system consultant company. The problem I am having is that all my previous employments has been with design and development teams in power systems manufacturing companies and P.E. is not really needed in those teams/companies and none of my teammates in different teams last 9 years had P.E. While in the new company almost everyone is a P.E. and I’ll have no problem getting 3 P.E. references.

These potential references know me for only 3-4 months. My question is when the board sees that all the P.E. references know me only for couple of months, can they reject the exam application? Or am I just overthinking?

Only other P.E.s I know are a couple of friends from college/grad school but I never really worked with them professionally. Has anyone used college friends as a P.E. reference?

Back