ILLINOIS RESULTS - April '11

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aadams22 said:
Cant find anything yet. Checking CTS, NCEES and IDFPR license lookup. Anyone finding anything for Il???
So nervous...
Nothing yet. Keep getting the same error from CTS that I have been getting for the last few days.

"No record found. Please check your information. Status get updated every 24 hours."
I'm still getting this message as well.
Here's the website to check: http://www.continentaltesting.net/OnlineStatus/Login.aspx

Make sure you go to the drop down box for IL - IDFPR under the entity heading, then go to 062 Reg. Professional Engineer in the second drop down box. That's were I found my result.

Hope that helps.

Does any one know when/if we will be getting the diagnostic results in the mail? Or is the pass/fail on CTS website the only result provided? Thanks.
Great question, interested to hear the answer.

Also, an engineer I work with says IL stopped giving scores for passing exams years ago, even though other states still do it. I was wondering if that's true....
I failed the exam last Oct. and a diagnostic report came in the mail with a graphical analysis of correct answers for each area (Geotech, WR, Transp. etc.) I thought it was helpful in identifying weak areas. I got it about a week after the results were posted on CTS website. Not sure if they give any result info for passing.

Does any one know when/if we will be getting the diagnostic results in the mail? Or is the pass/fail on CTS website the only result provided? Thanks.
Great question, interested to hear the answer.

Also, an engineer I work with says IL stopped giving scores for passing exams years ago, even though other states still do it. I was wondering if that's true....
I failed the exam last Oct. and a diagnostic report came in the mail with a graphical analysis of correct answers for each area (Geotech, WR, Transp. etc.) I thought it was helpful in identifying weak areas. I got it about a week after the results were posted on CTS website. Not sure if they give any result info for passing.
They do not give a diagnostics report if you Pass. Now that you all have licenses maybe they can begin verifying my experience. :)

Thanks for the info guys. As far as submitting the forms for experience, I have a question: I had heard from a coworker last year that engineers in Illinois are allowed to take the PE exam before they have 4 years experience, and then can just apply for the license once they have completed 4 years. I checked it out and emailed someone from IDFPR, who verified it. So I took the April exam and passed. I won't have the 4 yrs experience until June 18. Is anyone in the same situation? Are we supposed to just have the forms filled out and submit them to IDFPR after the 4yr mark? Any other special documentation needed? Thanks again for all your help.

Basically you submit the state application that is on the website. It has the forms needed for your references etc. but your supervisor or whatever PE you are using can't really fill out their form until the 4 yrs is meet or they will deny it for not enough time. even if it is only by a couple weeks

That's what I'm going through right now.

When I originally applied for exam I wasn't aware that Illinois will allow co-op experience to count towards the 4 years, so now I'm trying to get in contact with all of my co-op managers to fill out the VE-PNG form.

I'm also trying to get in contact with the board to verify if I need to send my transcripts in again for my Master Degree credit + Co-op experience credit.

I checked the Continental Testing Website and also received the message "No Record Found. Please check your information. Status get updated every 24 hours." Then I checked the license look-up on Illinois Department of Professional Regulation and my name appeared. So if you are having trouble on the Continental page, check out www.idfpr.com and use the license look-up. Good luck to all!

I checked the Continental Testing Website and also received the message "No Record Found. Please check your information. Status get updated every 24 hours." Then I checked the license look-up on Illinois Department of Professional Regulation and my name appeared. So if you are having trouble on the Continental page, check out www.idfpr.com and use the license look-up. Good luck to all!
Congrats!! I've been checking IDFPR too bur my name isn't listed there. But my CTS was updated.

Thanks for the info guys. As far as submitting the forms for experience, I have a question: I had heard from a coworker last year that engineers in Illinois are allowed to take the PE exam before they have 4 years experience, and then can just apply for the license once they have completed 4 years. I checked it out and emailed someone from IDFPR, who verified it. So I took the April exam and passed. I won't have the 4 yrs experience until June 18. Is anyone in the same situation? Are we supposed to just have the forms filled out and submit them to IDFPR after the 4yr mark? Any other special documentation needed? Thanks again for all your help.

I sent my 3 and half year experience form to CTS, I have 4 year experience now, so should I submit the experienc form again to CTS or IDFPR?

Now I have to be serious and stuff being a professional and all.
I still have to submit my experience and see if I qualify for my license.

Congrats to those who passed and good luck to everyone that needs to take it again.

do you know where we should submit the experience? CTS or IDFPR?

i would say the state as they are the ones issuing the license. cts just administers the test. THe state decides the experience

i would say the state as they are the ones issuing the license. cts just administers the test. THe state decides the experience
That was themost confusing part of applying. Nowhere does it mention who the experince should be sent to, or if it should be submitted separately from the exam application. I submitted everything together, but worried whether that was the correct process... or not?

The application on the state website should be different than that of the CTS application. The states app should have everything they need to give out the license. the CTS app was just for the test offering.

things have changed so much in the last year and they aren't keeping up. Used to be had to apply to the state, pay $100. They approve/deny experience. If approve you are good for 3 yrs to take the test up to 6 times before needing to pay the state another $100. Then you apply for the test with CTS and pay them for the test.

Now you can take the test with out experience and there is no word from them on when to send the $100 to the state. And think people had to register with NCEES too I believe before appling with CTS.

Good Means I don't have to re request my transcripts
I was dreading the same thing! I called and finally got a voicemail Friday, at the end of the workday, saying that they just send over everything you send them plus the PASS letter. whew.
Its Monday and I already said all of that in the previous post. It must be nap time. LOL

Latest posts

Back