IBC Reference for STR II

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARLORD

Reaction score
I am planning to copy IBC Chapters 16 - 23 instead of bringing the entire code. Does anyone who has taken the SE II think the other chapters are needed.

I am planning to copy IBC Chapters 16 - 23 instead of bringing the entire code. Does anyone who has taken the SE II think the other chapters are needed.
That includes the wood and soil sections, right? I don't have an IBC in front of me, but the only other seciton I can think of that would affect structures is the section about the Occupancy categories. This would have the description of the categories that would affect the importance factors...might be useful.

That includes the wood and soil sections, right? I don't have an IBC in front of me, but the only other seciton I can think of that would affect structures is the section about the Occupancy categories. This would have the description of the categories that would affect the importance factors...might be useful.

Yes, good point........but the 2006 IBC Occupancy Table is very similar to ASCE 7-05.

BTW, they moved that table to Chapter 16, Table 1604.5.

Back