I passed Pe construction CBT from the first time

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats. Question for all in Construction - My son is in construction heavily but his degree (Building Construction) is from a school of Architecture. Thus he never had the EIT. Would it be even possible for him to take this PE exam, if he has sufficient knowledge and experience from what I read here? Trying to talk my son about the PE... Thanks for any insights.
I think he can , but he should looking for board doesn't required any application prior exam.

Congrats. Question for all in Construction - My son is in construction heavily but his degree (Building Construction) is from a school of Architecture. Thus he never had the EIT. Would it be even possible for him to take this PE exam, if he has sufficient knowledge and experience from what I read here? Trying to talk my son about the PE... Thanks for any insights.
While licensing requirements vary by state, to get a PE in any state you must pass both the FE exam and PE exam. Some states offer exemptions if the person has a lot of experience but that route wouldn't be applicable because you'd need like 20 years of experience. To take the PE exam you must first pass the FE, s no I don't think he could take the PE exam right now. And keep in mind that to get a PE license he will need a degree from an ABET accredited school. He will have to look into that to see if his school meets those requirements

While licensing requirements vary by state, to get a PE in any state you must pass both the FE exam and PE exam. Some states offer exemptions if the person has a lot of experience but that route wouldn't be applicable because you'd need like 20 years of experience. To take the PE exam you must first pass the FE, s no I don't think he could take the PE exam right now. And keep in mind that to get a PE license he will need a degree from an ABET accredited school. He will have to look into that to see if his school meets those requirements

First of all Congrats John123.

Not all states require ABET degrees. Several states have additional time experience requirements to qualify for the FE and PE based on experience. In NY for example you site for the FE with 6 years of experience without a college degree and an additional 6 years to sit for the PE. With a bachelor's degree without ABET accreditation, you get 2 years of educational credit and can sit for the FE with 4 years of professional experience.

However, if the program was ABET accredited it would significantly reduce the amount of time to sit for the FE and potentially the PE as well.

Very true. (I myself skipped the EIT because I was out of school for so long and never though I would end up in Power my whole career. The state board (Maryland) did give me a waiver and allowed me to take the PE.)

First of all Congrats John123.

Not all states require ABET degrees. Several states have additional time experience requirements to qualify for the FE and PE based on experience. In NY for example you site for the FE with 6 years of experience without a college degree and an additional 6 years to sit for the PE. With a bachelor's degree without ABET accreditation, you get 2 years of educational credit and can sit for the FE with 4 years of professional experience.

However, if the program was ABET accredited it would significantly reduce the amount of time to sit for the FE and potentially the PE as well.
Good point - even if some states don't require an ABET degree, having one will make it much easier. This is especially true if you plan on getting licensed by other states by reciprocity. I'm not sure if you could get licensed in those other states without the ABET degree or you may just have to fulfill a bunch of other requirements.

Very true. (I myself skipped the EIT because I was out of school for so long and never though I would end up in Power my whole career. The state board (Maryland) did give me a waiver and allowed me to take the PE.)
Your story sounds like mine. Thought I'd never need the EIT, and never imagined being in an executive role in engineering. Most of my career was geared toward Program Management, but here we are. Thank goodness for MD's experience option.

ASCE 7 is used to convert wind speed into forces; but this is not provided on the exam. Do any other sources have this equation?

@John123 Congratulations on your great accomplishment!

What units were on the exam? I am asking because I am currently working through practice tests and I am noticing that some tests are heavy on the kN, m^3, kPA and others are just US units. I have taken the paper PE exam and never came across kN or kPa, should I expect to see them on the CBT exam?

Back