I need a job

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lara123

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am a civil engineering student & I will be graduating w/ a BS in civil engineering this Decmber. I live in Fresno CA, and I need some help finding a job. I currently work at CA regional waterboard as an intern, but i am interested in civil engineering. I have a good GPA and good work experience. I want to have a job before I graduate, does anybody know of anyone that is hiring. Some help please

thanks

What other requirements or restraints do you have for employment? For example, are you willing to move, travel with your job, etc.

JR

I dont mine moving or doing some traveling. I will like to move anywhere on the west coast -CA, Ore, Washington, Arizona, NM and TX, but i will move somewhere else if I have to.

If your GPA is above 3.5/4.0 you get bumped up a notch or two on the priority list at the Corps of Engineers. You can check USAJobs, but cpol.army.mil is their official job site and you'd have to go there to create and submit your resume anyway. It's pretty easy to fill out your resume and then you submit it to their database...once it's in there applying for any Corps job takes about 30 seconds.

Thanks I will give that a try. I have send my resume to so many companies but most of them have not replied. I am thinking because I am graduating until December but I am doing this so I will have a job by then.

Back