I Hate Capitalized Letters at the Beginning of Words

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R2KBA

True Believer
Reaction score
I'm No Grammar Nazi, But Capitalize Letters Annoy Me. They look stupid when someone capitalizes a word or adjective that is not a Proper Noun in the middle of a sentence, and Some People Simply Capitalize Lots of Words to Make Everything They Write Look Like a Section Heading.

also, typing would be a lot faster if no words were capitalized, period.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife (a transcriptionist/editor) hates it as well. I'm not entirely certain where I picked up the habit, but it's just too ingrained in me to stop now.

I hate it roughly as much as I do entire sentences that are left all lowercase.

what about all lowercase run on sentences where there isn't really even a topic or justification only meaningless garble mixed with technical jargon and idiosyncrasies meant to disguise any pretense in logic which the reader systematically absorbs only to find they've been reading this huge list of organized words for no reason in turn triggering a physical response to a joke they heard where "not every flower can say love but a rose can, not every plant survives thirst but a cactus can, not every retard can read but look at you go... it is international retard day, send this message to anyone who licks windows, interferes with barn animals, because you hang in there cup cake, you're f**&$ing special to me, look at you smiling at your computer."?

I Hate Capitalized Letters at the Beginning of Words
mE toO. wheN peoplE dO thaT iT jusT driveS mE nutS.

signeD benbO pE

Back