I dont think this is healthy (Kids School Grade Notification)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
high school was like 7 to 2:55, elementary was 8 or 8:30 to 3:30, middle school i think started at 9. It all had to do with bus schedules. But I remember losing sleep for the transition from middle to high school and gaining sleep form elementary to middle

I guess that's the difference between the city schools and rural schools.

Growing up the busses would pick-up all kids along the route regardless of age (we only had 1 Elementary, 1 middle, and 1 high school). I was on the furthest bus stop from the school and it would take 45 minutes to an hour to get the 5 miles home. Some friends on other routes would take 1.5 hours to get home via bus because the district was so large.

The bus that picks up my son for 1st grade only services the elementary, and he's not on the bus for more than 20 minutes dispite living only 2 miles away. In our area, there are 3 elementary schools feeding each middle school and 3 middle schools per high school.

Last edited by a moderator:
our kids are in elementary school, and we have to log into livegrades.com to see their progress, and even are required to acknowledge online when a sub-par grade is posted.

kinda crazy.

When I was that age, it would have cramped my style. I made a mockery of the school-home information sharing process. I could hide about anything.

Back