Hydrology

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mmiller

Am I taking stupid pills, or is the whole unit hydrograph/hyetograph/etc methodology as convoluted as can possibly be presented (at least in the sources I've got so far)....if anyone can explain these concepts and specifically the process of converting a unit hydrograph into a total discharge given a storm duration and rainfall intensity, I mean this stuff is worse than the transportation methodologies, taking something relatively simple and making as convoluted as possible, good grief!!

Am I taking stupid pills, or is the whole unit hydrograph/hyetograph/etc methodology as convoluted as can possibly be presented (at least in the sources I've got so far)....if anyone can explain these concepts and specifically the process of converting a unit hydrograph into a total discharge given a storm duration and rainfall intensity, I mean this stuff is worse than the transportation methodologies, taking something relatively simple and making as convoluted as possible, good grief!!
Nevermind........thinks Ize gots it now

Glad you figured it out. I learned it for the exam and forgot it. I do remember that it seemed to be a hard concept to grasp.

You are absolutely right!

Back