HP 33S

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodfat

rodfat
Reaction score
Is there a way on the HP 33S to enter into the calculator degrees, minutes, seconds.

Example: How would you enter 78 degrees, 35 minutes, 30 seconds into the Calculator?

If you can do this on the HP 33S how do you convert minutes and seconds to degree?

I don't know the answer to your question....

Call me an asshole, but... wouldn't it havebeen easies to post once in the "anything about PE exam" forum, than making three identical posts in three forums?

just a thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a way on the HP 33S to enter into the calculator degrees, minutes, seconds.
Example: How would you enter 78 degrees, 35 minutes, 30 seconds into the Calculator?

If you can do this on the HP 33S how do you convert minutes and seconds to degree?
look at the shift functions above the #5 & 6 HMS = hours minutes seconds, I know its not the question but, if you're adding angles change them to HR first them change answer back to HMS (this gave me fits, just thaught I'd throw it in)

TYPE 78.3530

GREENSHIFT-HR (HR shares #5 key)

To get 78.59167 decimal degrees

GREENSHIFT-HR for conversion from

DD.MMSS -> decimal deg

PURPLESHIFT-HR for conversion from

decimal deg -> DD.MMSS

To CONVERT 1deg-59min-60sec,

TYPE 1.5960

GREENSHIFT-HR

To get 2.0 decimal degrees

Back