How to properly carve a pumpkin

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rotting problem solved...don't cut the pumpkin until a day or so before halloween then there is no issues with rot before the big day!

Another helpful tip from the YMZ household: if you're going to carve a pumpkin in such a manner that it rots after a couple of days, don't display it on top of expensive electronic equipment. We lost a good printer that way.

Another helpful tip from the YMZ household: if you're going to carve a pumpkin in such a manner that it rots after a couple of days, don't display it on top of expensive electronic equipment. We lost a good printer that way.
LOL, bummer!

daily-morning-awesomeness-342.jpg

Well, got home yesterday and there was a little fuzz at the top on the inside. The average passer-by couldn't see it, so I left it out of curiosity on what the morning would bring.

... wow...

Both eyes and part of the nose were covered in white / black mold. The inside was horrifying. I encapsulated it and the horde of gnats in a bag and put it in the garbage can.

I re-carved a couple more for the kiddos since the ones I did a couple weeks back were thrown away over the weekend.

77819_532762830070415_1822693787_o.jpg

I didn't even bother hollowing them out. Everything was done with a razorblade and a small chisel.

Back