how do you haul all this crap to the test?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used a rolling suitcase the second (and last!) time I took it. I carried in 2 milk crates and used them on the table top, but wheeled in the bulk of the manuals. No reason to strain your body when you are getting ready to strain your brain like you are.

I used the same thing DV shows in the pic, it was really helpful, except on exam attempt #2 it broke hauling my transpo books (after the exam thank god), then I burried it in a spiritual cermony after I passed the second go round....

I bought a Molson Canadian 32-pack that came in it's own soft cooler. It was a lot of work to empty it out, but somebody had to do it. Then I was left with a nicely themed carrying case that fit my half-dozen reference manuals.

I used the same one DVINNY used, got mine from Staples, along with one of their stacking milk crates. The milk crate stacked right on top and interlocked...worked out well.

I got the books narrowed down to 2 milk crates, and I just bought a dolly at Sears so haul it all in with. I also have a clear plastic tub to hold the calculators and entrance ticket and car keys.

Our letter specifically states no alcoholic beverages allowed. <_<

Just a suggestion.

bong.jpg

^

:laugh: That might violate the "no fragrances" thing they put on the yellow letter....

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh MINIMIZE! I knew there was something I was missing! Thank goodness you are here to set me straight, WOW what a mess that could have been!

ME TOO! I was going to bring every textbook I own plus some extra novels, but THANK GOODNESS there is such wisdom here. What would I have done without this advice? I probably would have brought more than the CERM with me.

CERM? That book is huge! You should just KNOW everything, then all you need is your admission letter! BRILLIANT!
If you can pull it off, sure - but even I took the CERM just to be safe. Sounds like you might need to load up, tho.

On my lunch break I took a walk to work off some of my nervous energy. I also bought a gift for the then girlfriend because her birthday was the night before the exam and I couldn't hang out wither because I was in a motel room near the exam.

I got 2 big milk crates that I'm bringing. I will tip them sideways and use them as a library on the desk.

I got 2 big milk crates that I'm bringing. I will tip them sideways and use them as a library on the desk.
I tried to do that. The proctors told us that we weren't allowed to have anything on the desk that blocked their view of our test booklet... so my library ended up in stacks (no more than 6" tall) all over the desk. It really pissed me off, because there wasn't anything in writing that said we couldn't have stuff on the desk... but what was I gonna do? Argue with the proctor and get myself kicked out? Hell, no. I did what they asked and passed anyway, so I never have to deal with them again.

Back