How confident are you?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I felt that the morning session was easy (36 confirmed with 2 good poss and 2 ok poss). Afternoon I only needed 20 to make the 56 for 70% without relying on cut scores. However, afternoon was harder (only 26 confirmed, but enough for breathing room).

Looks like I made it this time (second time at bat).

:true:

I felt that the morning session was easy (36 confirmed with 2 good poss and 2 ok poss). Afternoon I only needed 20 to make the 56 for 70% without relying on cut scores. However, afternoon was harder (only 26 confirmed, but enough for breathing room).
Looks like I made it this time (second time at bat).

:true:
I hope you did tmckeon_eng!!!!!!

that was the feeling I wanted to leave the test with, it just wasn't in the cards this time.

This may have been one of the most fun posts I've read!!!! I could just see a few guys spirits sinking as the posts continued. I now feel like more people have joined the same club I've been in since LAST october. WELCOME!

:wel

just out of curiosity, are y'all guys on this site or what? just kidding. i actually almost forgot just how many more guy engineers there are than girls when during the exam break there was a long line for the guys' bathroom and no line at all for the girls'. that and i got hit on by three different guys. go figure. anyway, how confident am i? the morning went ok. the afternoon, HA! i finished the exam in 15 minutes. yup. 15 minutes. of course i only answered 5 questions, so i figured since i had so much time left, i might as well start making stuff up. i literally guessed (as in not the educated ones) on 26 of the questions. i know i failed. i'll just have to deal with it. although the idea of taking this again in april is making my stomach churn. i might wait for a full year to take it again (and get my sanity back). good luck to y'all though.

just out of curiosity, are y'all guys on this site or what? just kidding. i actually almost forgot just how many more guy engineers there are than girls when during the exam break there was a long line for the guys' bathroom and no line at all for the girls'. that and i got hit on by three different guys. go figure. anyway, how confident am i? the morning went ok. the afternoon, HA! i finished the exam in 15 minutes. yup. 15 minutes. of course i only answered 5 questions, so i figured since i had so much time left, i might as well start making stuff up. i literally guessed (as in not the educated ones) on 26 of the questions. i know i failed. i'll just have to deal with it. although the idea of taking this again in april is making my stomach churn. i might wait for a full year to take it again (and get my sanity back). good luck to y'all though.
OMFG A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

:girl:

I am pretty sure that I failed this go, and my anxiety is in the fact that I won't be able to take the exam again for a year and a half.  How much knowledge will I lose in that amount of time?  All of it.
Sappers --

It took me 1 1/2 years to re-take this exam because I was serving as an expert witness in protracted litigation at work and taking care of my sick mother :true:

The truth of the matter is if you find yourself in a pickle, that time off may VERY well be what you need. I found that it helped me to re-invest myself once I knew I could become immersed in preparation.

When I took the exam this time, I felt that I did okay. I felt that way the past few times too. I only failed by one point each time, so it is difficult to know exactly what my studying did for me this time. :eek:

I say keep an open mind and hope for the best. :D

I have a long weekend this weekend, I am going to spend it by:

1. Shout out to all of the veterans. A very humble 'thank you' for your service; :+1: : USA : and

2. Run the analysis of the data for my thesis - I gotta finish the script and defend it so I can get that 2nd degree :claps:

Regards,

JR

1. Shout out to all of the veterans. A very humble 'thank you' for your service;? 
That is why I will not be able to take it for the next year and a half.
Sappers --

I recalled you saying something along those lines. My prayers go with you. :prayers:

I enlisted in the service early in 1990 and went to boot camp Jul 18, 1990. :dsgt: Saddam Hussien invaded Kuwait Aug 3, 1990. Believe me - boot camp plus SeaBee "A" school was INTERESTING to say the least. :kick: I was set to be deployed once I completed my accelerated "A" school, except I got real sick. I started passing bloody stool - I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis and placed on light duty. No trip to the sand box for me - no rotation with the battalion. :true:

Military service is a tremendous hardship on so many people - veterans, spouses, children, parents, other family members, friends, community .... the list goes on and on. I run into so many people who just don't understand the commitment or the sacrifice veterans must make. I always offer up my humble thanks to any veteran because it is the voluntary sacrifice that makes this world what it is. :bow:

Regards,

JR

when during the exam break there was a long line for the guys' bathroom and no line at all for the girls'
I was having this conversation with someone the other day. Other than sporting events, where else is there a line for the men's room longer than the ladies room.

I now have an answer.

I passed the October 05 exam. I thought the morning was a joke it was so easy. I would say 35/40. I wasn't laughing anymore about 2:00 pm (trans). I bet I got 15-20/40 correct.

We need a Engineering Girl Picture Section. :wel
No fake pictures.
nerd_girl.jpg

nerd-glasses-girl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back