How Brutal Was the April '09 Civil WR Exam?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy!

Reaction score
I've already began studying for the October Water Resources exam.

How brutal was the Spring version? How many beers at lunch did it take to get through the PM session?

I took water resources....it wasn't too bad until I hit the environmental stuff. I really didn't review that enough, and I should have! Morning was pretty easy...but I brought about a thousand books & knew them all well. Bottom line....work plenty of review problems on every topic listed to be on the exam, that way when you hit the unexpected ones, you aren't as desperate for those points.

I took water resources....it wasn't too bad until I hit the environmental stuff. I really didn't review that enough, and I should have! Morning was pretty easy...but I brought about a thousand books & knew them all well. Bottom line....work plenty of review problems on every topic listed to be on the exam, that way when you hit the unexpected ones, you aren't as desperate for those points.
Definitely look over the Env stuff. It's been a few years since I took my WR exam, but IIRC there were several Env questions. If you study it some of them are incredibly easy (basically finding the area of a circle type stuff), but if you aren't familiar it'll look like Chinese.

Thanks for the update. As an aside, were there any books you didn't have that in retrospect you wish you had on hand (I am thinking of Metcalf and Eddy in particular, as I lack a copy)? Also, how was the AM Construction module?

Back