Hiner Woorkbook, CBC or IBC?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am Supid

Reaction score
I have the old Hiner workbook that references the IBC. Do you think it would be useful to have the updated CBC workbook even though the CBC almost entirely adopted the IBC?

As background, I failed Seismic in Oct 09, but did not study at all. I have looked through the old Hiner workbook, and am not feeling confident at all. Basically, I need all the help I can get.

I probably should not reply to someone who wished to become and engineer, a professional, and calls themselves stupid. This is really poor judgement

The old books will not be adequate, some of the stuff has not changed but the new IBC and seismic calcualtion are completly different. I suggest you change you name and search through the posts here and you will find a wealth of information to help.

I probably should not reply to someone who wished to become and engineer, a professional, and calls themselves stupid. This is really poor judgement
The old books will not be adequate, some of the stuff has not changed but the new IBC and seismic calcualtion are completly different. I suggest you change you name and search through the posts here and you will find a wealth of information to help.
First off, thank you for your reply. It is appreciated.

Second, my name is Supid. It always amuses me when an ENVE confuses himself/herself so effortlessly. I assume your public school education did not teach you to read each letter of a word?

Finally, if you are going to critique a person, at least do it with proper grammar.

Thank you, come again.

I am willing to admit when I am wrong, sorry. I do see people using poor judgement in their selection of names. Hope you do well on the test.

Not sure such a bold statement is called for but I guess thats how you feel.

It always amuses me when an ENVE confuses himself/herself so effortlessly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am willing to admit when I am wrong, sorry. I do see people using poor judgement in their selection of names. Hope you do well on the test.Not sure such a bold statement is called for but I guess thats how you feel.

It always amuses me when an ENVE confuses himself/herself so effortlessly.
I apologize for being rude. Now that we have gotten that behind us, let's pass this Seismic thing!

Thanks,

Make sure your references are up to date, the methods changed alot in 2007 including hiner. I think hiner, ibc and asce are the keys to passing. I dont thing CBC is necessary.

Latest posts

Back